Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Diphenhydramine water extraction
hashley
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-10-2018 at 10:46
Diphenhydramine water extraction

Diphenhydramine HCL has a melting point of ~300f, the freebase is similar. Id like to extract it from over the counter tablets. is there something preventing me from dissolving the tablets in water, filtering the solution, and then boiling the filtrate? i found a thread here discussing a diphenhydramine extraction much more complicated then i describe involving organic solvents.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 20-10-2018 at 10:49

So you are going to crush, filter and boil... And then? What fraction are you going to keep? The fumes?
hashley
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-10-2018 at 12:48

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
So you are going to crush, filter and boil... And then? What fraction are you going to keep? The fumes?

As in boiling the water out.

[Edited on 22-10-2018 by hashley]
weilawei
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-10-2018 at 14:28

I don't know any elements with the symbol L. Also, I'm not familiar with the "f" scale.

Sorry, can't help the snark. Googling for 10 seconds would answer the question of solubility.

Also, welcome. I hope you'll stick around and make an effort to understand why things are done and how they happen rather than following recipes. That's not to say they aren't great for totally new territory, but at some point, theory and experiment ought to make an appearance.

[Edited on 22-10-2018 by weilawei]

Go To Top