Sciencemadness Discussion Board

tatp ratio adjustment

prometheus1970 - 21-6-2010 at 20:18

I've been through the previous posts and have a pretty good idea how everyone feels about it. That being said, Iread a synth calling for 55ml 3% h2o2, the peroxide I have has been condensed to 39%. how do I need to adjust the ratios of the other reagents to make this work? I'm using 98% h2so4 as the acid catalyst. I know at least some of you will say, "if you need to ask this you shouldn't be messing with tatp". I figured that as long as I'm really careful (for starters, by asking lots of question of those who know) that I will be safe. Am I totally retarded for doing it this way, should I just scrap my concentrated peroxide and just use the drug store stuff, should I just jump off a cliff so my impending death wil least likely harm others or what? I thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Justin - 21-6-2010 at 22:18

30ml 35% H2O2, 50ml acetone, 20ml 31% HCl catalyst or 5ml H2SO4, however I've heard using HCl yeilds a better product. divide the ratios above by ten for your synth too get a feel for the product, static electricity is a killer with tatp so ground yourself at all times. I assume you have read all the stories, precautions and what-not. Most here have made tatp at one time or another, have you synth'd any explosive before?

prometheus1970 - 22-6-2010 at 06:39

I recently made some etn. That is why I'm interested in the tcap, I've heard that although flash powder can initiate etn, it is unreliable