Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A&D Balance
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 12-12-2008 at 14:16
A&D Balance

So I accquired a used A&D HR-60 and it came with an additional hanging pan (?)

The frame of the hanging pan goes into where the pan would normally go. The hanging pan, is composed of 2 pans: one on top, and one below that's perforated. Aside from the perforation, they are they same. They are small and look like they would only hold 2-3 mL.

There was also a huge brass disk/ring and a silver colored disk that was shipped with the scale.

Anyone have any ideas as to what they might do? I looked everywhere on the manufacturer's site/brochure/manual... Nothing about extra pans, nor rings/disks.

Im guessing the small pan on top is for weighing small samples, and perhaps the one hanging below is a counterweight for the top? But I dont understand why. I mean, you'd just use weighing paper or a 5 ml beaker or something. You would never put liquids/samples onto a pan in the first place anyway, right? So why have a small hanging pan?

The brass and silver disk, I have absolutely no idea what they do...

"Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to... satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process"
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-12-2008 at 18:09

Perhaps they are for measuring specific gravity or density of solids by submersion in water. Or maybe for measuring surface tension.
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 13-12-2008 at 00:18

I've attached a pic of the hanging pan thing....

8ec3_1.jpg - 16kB

"Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to... satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process"

Go To Top