Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Inexplosive plasticizer
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

[*] posted on 15-1-2004 at 10:18
Inexplosive plasticizer

Milspec Composition C-4 is composed of a mix of 91% RDX (cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine) and an inexplosive plasticizer component 9%

Does anyone know the inexplosive plasticizer? Unfortunately I am currently unable to access COPAE due to virtual memory restrictions on a bandaid computer I am using since the last one died!:mad:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 15-1-2004 at 10:41

My book states 90% RDX and 10% polyisobutylene.

Explosives Fifth, Completely Revised Edition

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
palpy
Harmless

Mood: none

[*] posted on 15-1-2004 at 10:55

well, this has been discussed to death on EWF, but anyway:

the plasticiser is 2.1% PIB, 5.4% softening agent (DEHA or DEHS) and 1.6% motor oil.

I've made it in xmas time :), and the results are promisig - really a nice moldable mass...
I've used PETN in place of RDX, PIB extracted from self-amalgamating tape and the softener displaced by more of the motor oil. The only problem then is getting the explosive to a decent density by specially treating the crystals (cyclohexanone spheroidization of RDX, recrystallisation of PETN etc.). I had just 1.35 g/ml

Hey, but this really is a topic for the EWF...
Axt
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-1-2004 at 01:00

<a href="www.rsc.org/pdf/books/pb2500sc.pdf">Heres</a> a pdf that gives examples of various non-energetic and energetic plasticisers for RDX/HMX/PETN.

Of the ones mentioned, ive used polyamide and PIB. 99% of the time you dont need a lot of elasticity so epoxy and polyamide are the easiest choices, use xylene or toluene as a solvent to mix epoxy or polyamide into the explosive, evaporate and its ready.

Ive movies of polyamide and PIB plasticised PETN <a href="http://geocities.com/roguemovies/">here</a>.
Mumbles
Hazard to Others

Mood: Procrastinating

[*] posted on 16-1-2004 at 14:55

The first link seems out of commision. It does have another address inside the address. Perhaps this might be contributing?

[Edit] Correct link: http://www.rsc.org/pdf/books/pb2500sc.pdf

[Edited on 1-16-2004 by Mumbles]
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

[*] posted on 16-1-2004 at 19:44

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermes_Trismegistus
I am currently unable to access COPAE due to virtual memory restrictions on a bandaid computer I am using since the last one died!:mad:

Thanks Bromic and Palpy! I appreciate your looking up the info for me as I am unable to download ebooks.
:D

as for ax and mumbles.... Damn You! and Damn yer damn links!!!!;)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.

Go To Top