Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This could be you!
mnick12
Hazard to Others

Mood: devious

shocked.gif posted on 8-10-2010 at 16:30
This could be you!

Not trying to scare anyone with the title, but it is something to consider. There are a number of threads disscusing the legality of our hobby, and the consequences of it. I happend across this page a few hours ago, and it is alarming http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39583860/ns/technology_and_scien... . To me it this is really concerning that the FBI or similair agencies are placing gps tracking devices on your car, God knows when they do it at your house at work? Also this is not the first time I have seen these articles, meaning this is not an isolated incident.
After all why would the FBI or any agency for that matter need to be investigating any citizens personal life? It seems that this sort of thing is a violation of the 4th amendment "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated"

Moral of the story get something that will fry a gps on your car.
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 8-10-2010 at 16:33

This does not surprise me at all.
Considering most people think that people who believe these things are conspiracy nutters, it makes for a perfect guise to actually do said things.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 8-10-2010 at 16:48

They also place tracking devices on packages of suspicious chemicals when they do "controlled deliveries". I think this has been mentioned in other threads.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 06:42

The article has nothing to do with a chemistry hobby and frankly offers no factual background as to elements that could have had observation of this man worthwhile.
The guy got luck and the fed got sloppy; meeting in the same point in time. But there is no background other than the individual's father died in the Middle East.
There is no mention of chemicals, there is no mention of anything frankly.......no facts in which to set background on this. W have no idea what so ever as to why this tracking device was placed on the vehicle. I would withhold judgment until I had many actual facts.

not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 09:15

I'll agree with quicksilver, except that sloppiness on the part of U.S. investigative organisations is legendary. And think of the fun you could have if you discovered such a device, not a concern for me as they'd have to bolt it to me shoes, and then transferred it to a vehicle for hire.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 24-10-2010 at 21:40

The fellow should have relocated the tracking device to a collar on a deer, and then sent a box full of those stuffed antlered reindeer Christmas party hats to the FBI with a card that says, Merry Christmas ! ...and ...ummmm ... "Good Hunting "
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 10-11-2010 at 07:11

Obama has taken a great deal of flack from his own base in the USA for not appointing a director of the ATF. The Brady Campaign for (whatever)* has put out some scathing anti-Obama talking points and it's not just the gun-control crowd that are attacking him for a "centrist" position on many dearly held beliefs. Many of the "Nanny-State" mentality crowd have found him much too conservative for their taste.
{Remember, the Fed always follows their bureaucratic leader(s) & the ATF has been leaderless for a long time.}
There are many too important issues facing our country for the feel-good laws to take precedence in the President's agenda. I believe this man will be a one-term President due to his facing reality - once in office.
However, the injustice done in the name of statistics on a Prosecutor's list of "wins" can be an ugly thing for those who don't practice a bit of healthy care.

* See their web site and that of the "Violence Policy Institute" for a unusually large amount of attacks on the President.

Go To Top