Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Australian NaBH4/Sodium Borohydride/16940-66-2
superreductant
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-2-2024 at 12:34
Australian NaBH4/Sodium Borohydride/16940-66-2

Paging all fellow Aussies!

Just wanted to put some proverbial feelers out to see if anyone in Aus would be willing to sell around 100-500g of everyone's favourite borohydride. Will happily pay for postage etc, of course. I'll be contacting the obligatory usual on and off-forum chemical suppliers, but I tend to find people are generally more welcoming on SM and also don't treat you like a criminal like certain big-name chemical suppliers...

Anyway, if you wanna make some easy money and help me out, shoot me a U2U message!

P.s. Suitable alternatives might be any other lithium or sodium hydride (meaning literally LiH or NaH), or any other metal borohydride...

Two hoes on me, call that dihydroxy
FableP
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-2-2024 at 18:33

I'm in the same boat, I don't have any experiments in the pipeline right now that need it, but having some borohydride on hand would be fantastic.
Currently its Zn reduction or bust.

I disposed of some a few years ago but it was tritiated and not for use outside the isotope lab.

[Edited on 2-2-2024 by FableP]
superreductant
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-2-2024 at 20:49

Indeed. It's such a versatile compound for reductions obviously, but some of the derivative borohydrides or hydride complexes sound fascinating. Not to mention one could even synthesise Red-Al by reacting certain hydrides with 2-methoxyethanol fairly easily.

Quote: Originally posted by FableP  
I'm in the same boat, I don't have any experiments in the pipeline right now that need it, but having some borohydride on hand would be fantastic.
Currently its Zn reduction or bust.

I disposed of some a few years ago but it was tritiated and not for use outside the isotope lab.

[Edited on 2-2-2024 by FableP]

Two hoes on me, call that dihydroxy

Go To Top