Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Some glassware questions...
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 18:27
Some glassware questions...

I have been through some of the threads here and it seems that while less than perfect Laboy brand ground jointed glass will do for General work and will suffice( although please correct me or suggest cases where it would be better for me NOT to use this brand of glass). It seems that the better makers ( Corning, Sigma Aldrich, Chemglass, etc) refuse to sell to individuals( or rather ship to a residential address). Granted some have mentioned way around that but I have been in this hobby long enough to know that trying to skate the law never ends well. My question is this: for the more specialized parts like a 24/40 powder addition funnel or a jacketed three neck flask what would be the best way to find these? Ebay is at best hit or miss but any suggestions are appreciated.

I thank you for your time and wish you all the best.
zoombafu
Hazard to Others

Mood: sciencey

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 19:02

First and foremost I would use ebay. I just bought some glass HERE, and it is very good quality actualy, better than I expected, nice and thick glass.

Another place you can look is LabX.com. They are sort of an ebay for scientific equipment.

Good luck on your hunt.

Neil
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 20:30

Talk to DrBob the forum member ASAP. He is super nice and is selling of a large inventory of glassware cheaply.

Go To Top