Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: simple altercations
flickedbic
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif posted on 20-9-2002 at 18:11
simple altercations

I am just starting out w/ all of this (as you can see from my # of posts.) and i was wondering if you all could give me some tips on alterations of commercial fireworks. I have 4 "california candles"(like roman candles) and 9 piccolo petes? anyone w/ experience got experiments?:)
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 21-9-2002 at 09:53
Don't.

First, California candles are a lot a different from Roman candles. California candles just shoot a placid flame from the end. Roman candles don't eject flame but instead shoot out flaming balls (sometimes explosive flaming balls) with considerable force.

Second, there's nothing that you can do by taking apart commercial fireworks that you couldn't do a lot better and more cheaply by ordering the chemicals from a reputable pyro supplier like Skylighter or Iowa Pyro Supply.

Lots of people like to use piccolo petes to make explosions because their fuel burns very fast when crushed to powder and confined in some sort of container. But don't do it. It's dangerous, and it won't make you any better at making fireworks or making real explosives. It will earn you the mockery of and distrust of more educated pyrotechnists.

If you can't get chemicals and you feel like this is your only option for pyrotechnic experimentation, send me a U2U. I'm sure there's a way you can get some simple oxidizers and fuels to experiment with.

Go To Top