Wolfram
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-5-2004 at 13:16
Plant cell culturing

Look at this:

http://www.ciesin.org/docs/002-266/002-266.html

Plant cells could be grown in fermenter tanks just like microorganisms.:P

This article was written 1985 what advances in plant cell culturing has been made since then..? I have not heard much of drugs coming out of plant cells in fermenters why?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

smile.gif posted on 26-5-2004 at 15:34

Simply because it is cheaper and easier to make bouturage and clonage in nutritive gels under atmospheric controled greenhouses...the use of indole 3 acetic acid as growth enhancer is already known for ages.

:):D;):cool::P

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 5-7-2004 at 18:32

Oh, but don't forget, they are working for ages on the production of certain vaccines etc in plants, such as banana, or potato.
Particularly in the case of HIV, where such a vaccine (they they got it to work) would potentially vaccinate half of Africa just by eating genetically altered banana!

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Nick F
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 01:47

Una at the Shroomery has got some lovelly photos of his experiments with tissue cultures. They're done on gels, but it's still interesting.
I was going to have a go myself, but the books I needed were at the university library, and you can't withdraw books from there until your third year. And I hate the place with a passion, so I didn't want to stay there and read them. Anyway, I have too many plants, and no room to grow more!

Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 08:02

You might be interested in the way the japanese grow certain plants in tanks. The principle is based on a microorganism which causes increases grow of the roots, actually in the end you end up with a ball of dense roots swimming in the nutrient media and no plant. Growth is potentiated in speed an yield.
Highly effective if one prefers the roots of a plant and 100% biological - no hormones or other questionable stuff needed.
An interesting idea for those who want to make their own root-beer from scratch but dont want to grow trees for this being space and somehow timeconsuming too.

The disease caused by the microorganism is called "hairy-root disease" and this is also the keyword for searches.

Irgendwas is ja immer
gil
Unregistered

[*] posted on 14-1-2007 at 14:17

I'm interested myself on this,years now since first wanted to give it a go,vicar,but did zilch!Do cipangus use Ps. putida fpr roots? And Has anybody first hand experience 'bout apical meristem cells culture,being this what I'm mainly attracted to?Cheers.
Jivenile? well I'm young anyway.
but how shall I post then:senile?

[Edited on 15-1-2007 by gil]

chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 14-1-2007 at 17:58

Quote:
Do cipangus use Ps. putida fpr roots

Gil you are attracting undesired attention with your badly written juvenile posts.

Please write coherently with full names to avoid being ignored, or mistakenly deleted. Your post comes out as random garbage unless one chooses to google almost every word.

[Edited on 15-1-2007 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 14-1-2007 at 19:04
Reference Information

Large-scale plant cell culture
Susan C Roberts and Michael L Shuler
Current opinion in biotechnology 1997 vol:8 iss:2 pg:154

Abstract
Progress towards the commercial-scale use of plant cell cultures over the past three years has been significant. Elicitation, particularly with methyl jasmonate, has been effective at increasing the product yields of a wide variety of secondary metabolites, particularly when it is applied synergistically with enhancement strategies such as immobilization and in situ extraction. Rapid advances in understanding the regulation of the biosynthetic pathways
of secondary metabolites are allowing the application of enhancement strategies to move from empirical to semirational. Much of this progress is exemplified by work on paclitaxel (Taxol), where yields have improved more than 1OO-fold in the past two years.

[Edited on 15-1-2007 by solo]

Attachment: Large-scale plant cell culture.pdf (788kB)
This file has been downloaded 1118 times

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
gil
Unregistered

[*] posted on 14-1-2007 at 21:27

Thanks Solo.Very much indeed.Always top stuff.Always puntual.like a swiss train.Like the equinoxes precession..one of the pillars of this virtual venue.Shame some(pillar) isn't that keen on me.For calling
Things their proper own name now.
I'll post feed back on pratical experimentia(on cell culture)soon.Eid mubarak.
And let's keep on tradition.We know were Chemistry came from.
If people doesn't look back our History,How can people dribble the next obstacle,or avoid the same mistakes?

Go To Top