Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7
Author: Subject: Life after detonation
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 21-2-2024 at 13:45

Quote: Originally posted by Yamato71  
Hello all. I occasionally hear from people who have followed this thread through the years who are convinced that I, for whatever reason, have fabricated this whole sorry mess. I recently decided to break my own rule and post a couple of photos of the surgical aftermath. Then I ran into an obstacle. Is there any way to post JPEGs to this forum?

[Edited on 21-2-2024 by Yamato71]

I am sorry to hear that you are pestered by people who are too dim witted or scared to post their doubts in the open forum. You don't have anything to prove. Obviously it is up to you if you decide to post pictures, which are no doubt very personal and possibly distressing to you, but only do it if it is doing something for you, not for some troll that can't see the immense value in the story that you have already shared and the extraordinary bravery that it has no doubt taken to do so.
Yamato71
Hazard to Self

Mood: Resigned

[*] posted on 24-2-2024 at 19:40

Yeah, I think I need to share these even though they're not pretty. This is six days after the accident. At this point in my recovery, surgeons have sutured my right thumb into my abdomen in order to grow tissue onto the denuded bone. Fifteen surgeries and almost fourteen years later, it actually looks and functions something like an opposable thumb. Note the shrapnel injuries to my chest and forearms. I'm still shedding bits of glass to this day.

IMG_0200.JPG - 1.5MB

IMG_0198.jpeg - 1.5MB
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 24-2-2024 at 20:18

That's impressuve, Yamato.
Could you post a "now" shot of your right hand?
Yamato71
Hazard to Self

Mood: Resigned

[*] posted on 17-3-2024 at 08:46

How about both?

IMG_8300.jpg - 4.4MB

IMG_8299.jpg - 3.6MB
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7

Go To Top