Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PTBP
chemdhaanu
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 00:07
PTBP

I want to purify P-tertiary butyl phenol by sublimation process. But one of the reference it is mentioned that during sublimation it will liberate H2 gas.Which type of precautions i have to take in order to prevent the fire? OR is there any purification method available?

Please suggest the best one
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 21:38

just keep it away from flame

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Nicodem
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-2-2013 at 02:55

Quote: Originally posted by chemdhaanu  
I want to purify P-tertiary butyl phenol by sublimation process. But one of the reference it is mentioned that during sublimation it will liberate H2 gas.

I'm curious, what kind of a reference would say something as stupid?

(Assuming that by "P-tertiary butyl phenol" you actually mean para-tert-butylphenol. The symbol "P" in chemistry means phosphorous. In your specific case it would mean that the tert-butyl group is connected to the phosphorous atom, but since there is no phosphorous in phenol, the name makes no sense whatsoever. The abbreviation for the para position is "p" - like in all sciences, it must be in italic letters because it is from Latin.)

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!

Go To Top