Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Biological agents tech
chemprodder
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 11:30
Biological agents tech

now before any mods look down upon this tread please consider this. I am no kewl, no anarchist, i truly am interested in bioweapons tech, when i go to college i have sighned up for some bio chem courses to further my interest, but i would realy like to know:

i see threads on chemical agents and books by the dozen on poisons but what about biological agents?....i know they cost a ton of money to produce but i still want the info on cultivation and weaponisation. I have found some info on using IR heat to treat anthrax so it can be milled in the propor proportions, but where can i find more info on cultivation and weaponisation?......it seems like the govt tore every single bit of info out.....even links to sites or book titles would help

please.....i have done true research on them but i want more any help on either 2 topics would be much appriciated

thanks
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 12:55

Anyone working on weaponisation of biological agents should be, in my very humble opinion, shot, with each limb being put onto the four corners of the country.

Seriously. Biological agents are much more dangerous than anything else on this planet, they don't wipe out a city, no, they can potentially wipe out humanity. The price for a fuckup is too high to pay, and no amount of terrorism (yes, GW), wars, whatever, justifies research into this.
Imagine the flu. Easily carried by aerosols, in most climates. Highly infectious. Now imagine cloning a toxic gene into it, and by some well-placed mutations, making it infectious to 99% who come in contact with it. You can then say goodbye to humanity.

I do think your interest is massively displaced, and it shouldnt be your motivation in going to college.

I'll give you the opportunity to reply and then close this thread.

[Edited on 9-11-2005 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
chemprodder
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 13:28
i see

yes i see your point. But i have no intention on creating these things at all...the thought never crossed my mind...
i am just fascinated by there use in warfare....i thought that on this board it wouldnt be veiwd as an offense but rather a understandable interest.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 10-11-2005 at 00:42

I agree that they're fascinating, like other very destructive things. But this is mostly a chemistry board and certainly not a weapons-oriented board. Therefore I don't think this is the place to find out what you are looking for.

There are some very dedicated open source researchers who have collected and illuminated a lot of information on nuclear weapons. I have never seen equivalent work done for biological weapons. I think you will have to be the trailblazer if this really interests you. Probably general and industrial microbiology, biotechnology is where you should start your search.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address

Go To Top