Author: Subject: different halogens and the subsituion
Madandcrazy
Hazard to Others

Mood: annoyed

wink.gif posted on 1-2-2006 at 08:03
different halogens and the subsituion

How are the different reaktions conditions by a substitution
with any holgens.

I will start with 1-flouro-3-bromo-5-chlorocyclooctane ;) and will the anilin with one of the halogens transposing, for instance to 1-benzylamin-3-bromo-5-chlorocyclooctane.

Is it depending of a specific themperature or dependently of
spezial chemicals.
sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 1-2-2006 at 08:16

Fluorine is so damn clingy to carbon that the transformation you propose is insanely difficult if not impossible. Especially if your nucleophile is something as weak as aniline.

In any case, I think your nomenclature and spelling are out of whack. And I'm going to cry "Bullshit!" out loud if you say you don't have access to spell check.

Have a nice day.

sparky (^_^)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
Nicodem
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-2-2006 at 12:03

Madancrazy, 1-flouro-3-bromo-5-chlorocyclooctane is not commercially available in if you are trying to convince anybody here that someone who can't distinguish aniline from benzylamine (even after it has been explained to him) is able to synthesize it, you are only deluding yourself and nobody else.
My compliments for the nickname you chose, though this latest post is nearly not as “mad and crazy” as the nonsense you are promoting in the acetic anhydride thread and other threads as well. Spreading nonsense and disinformation is doing no good to those who are beginners in chemistry and is highly antiscientific as well.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
Madandcrazy
Hazard to Others

Mood: annoyed

[*] posted on 2-2-2006 at 08:56

I know the 1-flouro-3-bromo-5-chlorocyclooctane is not available.
I mean is it easy connect two chemicals in a subtitution with several halogens
to a precise point of the chemical. Is the atomic weight, the atomic charge or
the binding between two chemicals significant.

Excuse me, the name is certainly 1-phenylamin-3-bromo-5-chlorocyclooctane

Go To Top