Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: potassium nitrate
maniacrobbins
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-8-2006 at 12:41
potassium nitrate

There are soooo many things that say to get potassium nitrate in "bags of fertilizer" or "at the drugstore". I can't find some at my local hardware store and I don't know what to look for at the drugstore. Could someone tell me the exact name of a product sold at either CVS or Eckerd? Or could someone tell me the exact name of a very common fertilizer that would sell at my local hardware store (Rolliers).

Thanx

Dave
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 08:02

Product brands and names vary from place to place. Go to the store and look. Oh, and UTFSE.

Btw, giving out personally identifiable information these days is a bad idea. Just so you know.

maniacrobbins
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 12:52

Well, if they sell it at one CVS they sell it at most and yeah, thats a good idea. I won't post anything that could ever relate to me.
maniacrobbins
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 12:55

Also, UTFSE? Just write proper English.
maniacrobbins
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 12:59

And, I did use the f******* search engine. THERE'S NOTHING. (bitch)
not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 16:06

The best way to find stuff is to go, look, and read labels. You will find that even with national chains, what is stocked will vary from region to region. Stores in more rural or agricultural areas generally are better for finding raw materials; city folk want their fertilizer pre-mixed for roses or vegetables or lawn with weed killing included, country types are most used to figuring it out for themselves. Local governments will premit or prohibit different chemicals and solvents; there's a lot more demand for stump remover in Butte than the Bronx.
Elawr
Hazard to Others

Mood: vitriolic

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 19:44

Humco distributes KNO3 and other inorganic medicinals to many drugstores for retail. Their brand is rather overpriced if I remember correctly. KNO3 is also available from many hardware, home and garden, and agricultural retailers as "stump remover" When introduced by drilled holes it is said to promote rapid decomposition of tree stumps.

Go To Top