Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aspirin
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 05:46
Aspirin

Appart from having to be over 18 in most shops around here, you cant buy more than two packs of 12 aspirin tablets at a time!

PITA if you want to extract it and do the copper asprinate etal, anyone got a good reliable source online for aspirin? I am looking for say 100 tablets around 300mg.

What a ridiculous law!
Brom
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 06:52

Animed aspirin p on Amazon. It is pure aspirin powder for animals
Mabus
Wiki Master

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 08:06

Do you need to show your ID when you buy 2 packs of aspirin?

DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 08:47

Where is that? Our stores sell them by the 200 pill bottle.

http://www.londondrugs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-LondonD...

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 15:11

Quote: Originally posted by DraconicAcid  
Where is that? Our stores sell them by the 200 pill bottle.

http://www.londondrugs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-LondonD...

Scotland. You cant buy any more than two packs of pain killer at a time, you can go from shop to shop but in our town that is a choice of three!

The packs have 12 in or 24 at 350mg (something like that), i assumed it was the same for all UK.

Not sure what the law says but here the supermarkets wont see to you if your under 18 and 21 for kitchen knives!

Thanks for the link, its a trek into town just to get a few packs of aspirin!
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 15:14

I found something about it here http://www.govyou.co.uk/over-the-counter-painkillers/ looks like its the whole UK, in our supermarket the self scanner wont let you scan more than two it makes the red light go on and calls for an assistant (ive tried it).

Also here you tend to get most drugs from the Dr's surgery and the chemist's here only seem to stock the normal small packs.

The chemist thing might be my town as its pretty small, i expect the larger towns and cities are different but they are a fair way off from us.

[Edited on 16-7-2016 by NEMO-Chemistry]
DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 15:19

Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry  
Scotland. You cant buy any more than two packs of pain killer at a time, you can go from shop to shop but in our town that is a choice of three!

The packs have 12 in or 24 at 350mg (something like that), i assumed it was the same for all UK.

Not sure what the law says but here the supermarkets wont see to you if your under 18 and 21 for kitchen knives!

Weird. The supermarkets won't sell anything to under-18s, or just pain killers?

12 350-mg tablets is still about four grams, which is enough to make some copper aspirinate.

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-7-2016 at 15:47

Quote: Originally posted by DraconicAcid  
Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry  

Weird. The supermarkets won't sell anything to under-18s, or just pain killers?

12 350-mg tablets is still about four grams, which is enough to make some copper aspirinate.

Good question........

Kind of depends up here, supermarkets tend to cover there arse well, also Scotland has some laws slightly different to England.

Alcohol in the UK is on sale to over 18's, however supermarkets wont sell it to you under 25 normally.

The rule with most of them is if you look under 25 they are likely to ask for ID, in practice some do some dont.

Knives is a mad one, as far as i know the law says you need to be 16. BUT try ans buy ANY knife in a shop or supermarket under 18!

Cigarettes and smoking stuff i am not sure of here but in England i think the law says 16, in Scotland no chance of buying it under 18!

But i can apply for a driving license at 16 but not use it to learn to drive a car until i am 17!!

Airgun's, in England you just need to be over 14 to use one and 18 to buy one, no special laws about them.

In Scotland you need to firearms certificate to even own or posses one! a firearms license is very hard to get up here, you can get a shotgun license much easier!!

So at 16 i can have a shotgun with a license but cant have an airgun until 18 and need a firearms license and special gun safe and locks and checks each year!!

Fireworks.........

Micky mouse one only to the public, 16 to buy in England and 21 in Scotland.

Madness utter Madness!

I wanted more aspirin as i wanted to make several compounds using them, so i wand 100 pills or so so i could do the oil of wintergreen etc.

Oh and sex, you can have sex at 16 but by the time you find a girl willing your a fair bit older :D

Go To Top