Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bisulfite Adduct of Mdp2p
conducter
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-12-2006 at 01:41
Bisulfite Adduct of Mdp2p

Ive seen alot written about sodium bisulfites magical ways with ketones and aldehydes, well a friend of mine is at a point now where he has mdp2p from a Wacker oxidation but still has no vacuum source.

im wondering if he should

a) use the mdp2p as is, while dissolved in DCM it was washed thoroughly with saturated sodium bicarbonate solutions, sodium chloride solutions, and sodium hydroxide solutions. Then after distilling the DCM, the crude mdp2p was washed with water. Now is this pure enough to use in a reductive amination?

b) the bisulfite reaction looks interesting, if this was the route chosen could my friend just add acid or hydroxide to change to ph to neutral then use the bisulfite product? Or do not change the ph and use the ketone with bisulfite adduct as is?
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

Mood: training

[*] posted on 27-12-2006 at 11:21

Realize that you are doing something potentially illegal: http://designer-drugs.com/pte/12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/e...

The bisulfite reaction is general for carbonyl-containing compounds, so all substances in your mixture that contain this FG will form the bisulfite adduct. It's up to you to know what can go wrong in a typical Wacker oxidation.

damnant quod non intelligunt
conducter
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-12-2006 at 11:35

yes, i am aware of this fact and that isnt the problem. not worried about other ketones in the mix, just want to form the bisulfite adduct, wash it, then use hydroxide to release the ketone again. This will be usable, but will water washes of mdp2p prior to the sodium bisulfite reaction clear it of acids and bases?

Go To Top