Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Coupling reagents / Casey
FingerBang
Harmless

Mood: happy

wink.gif posted on 24-1-2007 at 09:35
Coupling reagents / Casey

I have been lookin for documentation in regards to Casey and his proposed synth provided a few years back. I dont see many people talking about it, manily from doing web searches.

If you can perform column chromo, and can work with cultures, wouldnt this present a challenge that many would take on???

I would just like to read more discussion on what people with degree's or die-hard hacks, would have to say in regards to Hardisons proposed synth.

tnx.
PainKilla
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-1-2007 at 09:50

Not much to add, but here is the procedure in question:

Edit: Embedded image... This is also material for Organic Chemistry section.

[Edited on 24-1-2007 by PainKilla]

Nicodem
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-1-2007 at 11:55

Quote:
Originally posted by FingerBang
I dont see many people talking about it, manily from doing web searches.

Maybe because lysergic acids does not grow on trees? Well, it almost does, but anyway, those who have access to it don't need to discuss matters as nowadays practically standard (bio)chemical methods like coupling acids with amines aided by coupling agents.
Quote:
If you can perform column chromo, and can work with cultures, wouldnt this present a challenge that many would take on???

Not really, given that LSD is illegal all over this seek planet. However, it might be a challenge coupling lysergic acid with certain amines other than diethylamine.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!

Go To Top