Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: world flood map
xxxxx
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-3-2007 at 06:02
world flood map

i am 500 feet above sea level and there are all these smooth round "river rocks". two miles inland there is a fossilized whale skeleton. that whale didn't walk there. i am reminded of "V" where the earth is depicted without water and "waterworld" where the earth is depicted without land. possibly the indians let the white man have manhattan because they knew that it would be underwater again in another thirty thousand years. the light blue areas show land that would be underwater if the sea rises 100 meters the intermediant green areas show land that would be underwater if the sea rises 300 meters.

[Edited on by xxxxx]

[Edited on by xxxxx]

worldfld.gif - 5kB
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 30-3-2007 at 07:36

More of a Whimsy topic, if not a troll?

I'm not particularly concerned. Even on this plain, I'm a good ~800 feet (~233m) ASL. Maybe move north a few hundred miles if it gets really bad.

It's been five hundred million years, it'd be about time for the sea to return. :P

Hey, look at Australia! They'll finally have water! :D

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
YT2095
International Hazard

Mood: within Nominal Parameters

[*] posted on 30-3-2007 at 08:50

I`de like to Know where all this water is going to come from in the 1`st place!?

Think, 300M deep by the entire surface area of the planet... Likely???? I Don`t think so :)

oh yeah Edited to add, don`t forget you`ve got to strip 11% off at the very Least if you`re considering melted Ice as the source (water expands by that amount on freezing) I`m not even going to mention trapped gases and air since it`s not 100% perfect ice :P

[Edited on 30-3-2007 by YT2095]

\"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom\" - Death
Twinkies don\'t have a shelf life. They have a half-life! -Caine (a friend of mine)

Go To Top