Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ethacridine lactate -- source or synthesis?
Nixie
Hazard to Others

Mood: ?

[*] posted on 20-6-2007 at 05:22
Ethacridine lactate -- source or synthesis?

No, I'm not doing illegal abortions; I just have had positive experience with Rivanol as an antiseptic in the old country, but it doesn't seem to be available in North America. Pointers to North American sources that would ship to a layperson, or synthesis procedures, would be appreciated. I remembered about it when I came across a 2005 paper pointing out that it's not just antiseptic but has immunomodulatory effects in wounds (Reinhardt et al.).

[Edited on 20-6-2007 by Nixie]

\"Good is a product of the ethical and spiritual artistry of individuals; it cannot be mass-produced.\" --Aldous Huxley
not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-6-2007 at 05:56

Morgenroth, J., Schnitzer, R. & Rosenberg, E. (1921). Chemotherapeutic antisepsis. III. A new antiseptic, 2-ethoxy-6,9-diaminoacridine hydrochloride (Rivanol). Deutsche Medezinische Wochenschrift 47, 1317–20.
Nixie
Hazard to Others

Mood: ?

[*] posted on 20-6-2007 at 06:39

I cannot find an electronic copy, and I don't have access to e-journals as I'm not at university anymore :(

\"Good is a product of the ethical and spiritual artistry of individuals; it cannot be mass-produced.\" --Aldous Huxley

Go To Top