Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: High performance polymer coatings
Sash
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-12-2012 at 14:21
High performance polymer coatings

Hi, iam a final year polymer engineering student. My final year project is to synthesise a polymer material which can be coated on the walls of a metallic reactor. The desired properties of the polymer should be that it should be oleophobic hydrophobic as well as siliphobic.that is it should have repellant properties like teflon has. I want to design a polymer on a theoretical as well as practical basis which should have these properrties. The substrate material is going to be mettalic walls of a lets say an entrained flow reactor inside which pyrollisis is taking place of waste polymers. The major issue in such a reactor is that of sticking of waste polymer(residue) onto the metal walls causing localised heating and hence deterioating the walls of the reactor.
Iam required to solve this problem of finding a material so that these sticking problems are kept to minimal.
I have been given 1 year time. Please guide me where to start with my research.i would be really greatful if someone could help me in finding a source a book or anything which i should be reading to get things going for me .thanks
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 12-12-2012 at 16:16

......try reading some of entries in this google search.....solo

https://www.google.com/search?q=metal+adhearing+polymer+prop...

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.

Go To Top