Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Buying chemistry apparatus online
Chills the Hypochlorite
Harmless

Mood: Purple

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 08:12
Buying chemistry apparatus online

I am quite new here so I'm unsure wether there is already another topic like this somewhere else but I couldn't find one, anyway I've been looking for websites that sell chemistry apparatus and reagents to amateurs in the UK the best I've found so far is some sellers on amazon but I'm still unable to find either a good balance or gas burner on there. any others I've found only seem to sell to schools or professionals.

I was wondering if anybody knew any better places to get chemistry apparatus online any contribution would be helpful.
neptunium
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 10:16

iam sure EBAY exist in the UK...

Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 10:35

Does Elemental Scientific ship to the UK? I looked on their site, but couldn't find any information on the subject.

Marvin
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 10:43

I've heard really good stuff about laboy and I'd buy glassware from their site or their ebay store after looking at shipping details. Yes, it's imported, but the value is worth it from what everyone says about them. Quality varies a lot among other china suppliers.

I think http://www.thelabwarehouse.com/ is/was an offshoot of A J Cope, a long established company in the UK. They stock a lot of lab stuff but the prices are lab prices and the big equipment simply isn't affordable for an amateur. Things can be difficult to find and may be called something odd. They have Pyrex brand quickfit glassware too but it's deep in the catalogue. I'd buy burners, aspirators ("Water jet filter pump") that sort of thing, from them.

I've not ordered from either before, but these are people I plan to buy from.

Reagents are a different story, there are a few UK companies that sell to anyone, but what they stock tends to be very disappointing and a bit random. Importing from the euro zone is probably the best way to source obscure reagents.
Chills the Hypochlorite
Harmless

Mood: Purple

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 13:36

I can't believe I overlooked eBay, for some reason I never thought about it. I will definitely give eBay sellers a closer look. The lab warehouse seems good as does laboy and elemental scientific although I couldn't find anything on shipping to the UK either.

Thanks for the suggestions so far :)

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by Chills the Hypochlorite]
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 16:31

Quote: Originally posted by Chills the Hypochlorite  
I am quite new here so I'm unsure wether there is already another topic like this somewhere else but I couldn't find one
Obviously because you didn't try. Asking for spoon-feeding is not a good way to introduce yourself. [closed]

P.S. "Wether" is a castrated goat.

Go To Top