Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shock insensitive initiating devices
specialactivitieSK
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-10-2014 at 11:21
Shock insensitive initiating devices

The invention relates to a shock insensitive explosive train initiating dce including a thin elongated metal casing containing a quantity of hydrated metal picrate therein, a thermite igniter composition disposed adjacent to the hydrated metal picrate charge[ and an ignition means selected from ignition means consisting of an electric match and a length of fuze cord. In a specific example, the hydrated metal picrate charge is barium picrate hydrate which may be disposed in an open (FIG. 1) or a sealed (FIG. 2) copper or aluminum casing. In the embodiment of FIG. 3, a tin/zinc alloy, protective, safety cover is disposed over a portion of the hydrated metal picrate. This safety cover has a low melting point (200.degree. C.) and is adapted to melt in the event of a fire to thereby 'unconfine' the hydrate metal picrate charge prior to it reaching explosion temperature of approximately 341.degree. C.

Patent Number : 5,392,713

http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/5392713

http://patents.com/us-5392713.html

picture.jpg - 261kB

[Edited on 21-10-2014 by specialactivitieSK]

[Edited on 21-10-2014 by specialactivitieSK]
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 22-10-2014 at 06:57

I do not know what your intent is, you have posted 3 energetic materials related patents for no stated reason... 2 at least were in existing related threads. But please read the FAQ and post in compliance with the guidelines if you wish to start another thread outside of "beginnings".

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
22-10-2014 at 06:58

Go To Top