Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trinitrophenol (Picric Acid) Purification
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 12-10-2014 at 15:08
Trinitrophenol (Picric Acid) Purification

I am curious as to the purification of Picric Acid. The reason is as I plan to further work with it, and it would be great not to be working with 'shit'. I am asking to the ease of recrystallization, and any other purifying methods.

[BTW] Sorry for not tracking down a previous thread on the subject, I'm fairly lazy when it comes to digging online.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 12-10-2014 at 20:41

About the last thing you would want to do in this community is first ask for spoon feeding (on energetic materials, no less!) and then try to excuse not doing your own research by saying "I'm lazy".

Best read this part of the FAQ:

Quote:

It is okay to be ignorant when first arriving and posting. However, you must be willing to make an effort to learn. If you are unable to cite references in support of an idea or as background to your question, the post belongs in Beginnings. Questions that provide background information and show effort are more likely to receive good responses.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
12-10-2014 at 20:42
specialactivitieSK
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-10-2014 at 06:00

What is the yield of trinitrophenol by Xantoprotein reaction ?
Slightly heated nitric acid solution with egg white = yellow precipitate. After the addition of ammonia, orange precipitate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuGWwbOrf0

[Edited on 26-10-2014 by specialactivitieSK]
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 26-10-2014 at 06:27

Very low. How much of protein has aromatic rings? (Answer: not much).

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com

Go To Top