Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fume hood
goldrush214
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-11-2014 at 13:21
Fume hood

I'm looking to assemble a little fume hood that will mainly be used for evacuation of nitric acid fumes.

My first thought was to do the simple sterilite container with a cut in sash and aluminum hosing and a inline booster fan, but now I'm thinking the acid might attack the flexible duct work, although the quantities of fumes will be very flow and will be quickly exhausted as the acid will be chilled and used very slowly.

I'm also thinking of making a small one out of particle board and white paint, with a plexiglass sash, and a fresh air intake aswell.

Thoughts/suggestions/warnings?
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 30-11-2014 at 13:26

I know you're new to the forum and probably aren't used to it yet, but there's already extensive discussion about constructing fume hoods in multiple threads on this site, and I'd highly recommend that you go use the search feature before starting a new thread. If it isn't working for you, go to Google and type in site:sciencemadness.org after your search terms. That will usually get you what you need.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
goldrush214
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-11-2014 at 13:27

Thanks, I reviewed the other threads, but couldn't find one that addressed my lower cost needs.

Go To Top