Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Have some Red P. willing to trade
bolbol
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 17:34
Have some Red P. willing to trade

I have some red P and I am looking for alkali fluorides and iodides.
Shoot me a pm if interested

Edit:I'll take Oxalic acid, soluble sulfides, and thiosulfates as well.

[Edited on 17-4-2015 by bolbol]
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 17:47

*deleted*

[Edited on 17-4-2015 by Cou]

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 17:56

Quote: Originally posted by Cou  
****ing DEA agent, **** you, get the **** off this forum and stop trying to find prey to fund your damn for-profit prisons. No one here is stupid enough to fall for your dumb trick. And you better not get a no-knock SWAT warrant for my house.

Detritus, please.

Wow, just wow. Yes, red phosphorus can be somewhat illicit, but many chemists would love to have it for it's own sake. Did you assume bolbol was in the USA? This is an international forum afterall, trading red phosphorus may not be forbidden (or at least highly suspect) where they are posting from.

And there are plenty of people here stupid enough to fall for a trick like that.

Bolbol, if you are legitimate, more details please but please consider the stigma, at least in the states.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
bolbol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 17:57

What kind of details are you looking for exactly?
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:17

****ing DEA agent, **** you, get the **** off this forum and stop trying to find prey to fund your damn for-profit prisons. No one here is stupid enough to fall for your dumb trick. And you better not get a no-knock SWAT warrant for my house.

Detritus, please.

You're an idiot, or a troll.

[Edited on 4-17-2015 by Amos]

Etaoin Shrdlu
National Hazard

Mood: Insufferable

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:19

You really spend your whole life terrified, don't you Cou?
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:23

*deleted*

[Edited on 17-4-2015 by Cou]

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
adk
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:28

Quote: Originally posted by Amos  

Detritus, please.

You're an idiot, or a troll.

O lol, so I get called the idiot for speaking against this red P guy? Phosphorus, iodides... obviously someone who doesn't belong here, either a sting or a meth cook.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on what "troll" and "idiot" actually mean? I suggest you consult Merriam-Webster.

Perhaps you would be interested in buying some Aluminium foil to make yourself a hat.

Red Phosphorus is a useful reagent for numerous processes, not just cooking up meth.

PS: dichromates are among the most useful oxidisers available to a chemist.

Red P is a restricted precursor chemical where I live. You can buy it if you have a legitimate and verifiable need. Most other countries are not as harsh.

bolbol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:29

Lol if I were to be in a such business trust me I wouldn't be getting my stuff through forums but then again I am not surprised at all from your responses after reading what your mood says
Amos
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:38

Cou, this is getting ridiculous. You spend 80% of your time here on SM complaining about the cult of fear that surrounds chemistry and amateur science, and then the other 20% is you perpetuating the exact same fear you claim to be against! And the other members here don't need you to nanny them and look out for them; chances are they're much more experienced on the whole than you are, and they can make their own decisions on what to buy and who to buy from.

Amos
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:39

Quote: Originally posted by bolbol  
Lol if I were to be in a such business trust me I wouldn't be getting my stuff through forums but then again I am not surprised at all from your responses after reading what your mood says

The funniest part is that he's afraid of sodium dichromate because of its carcinogenicity, and that's preventing him from getting a chemical he really wants: acetaldehyde - a probable carcinogen.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:40

bolbol,

If you would list where you are located, how much you are talking about, and if you can ship it, that would help people know your goals and trust you. Since it is very hard to legally ship red P internationally, it would only be practical to ship locally. Some people are very wary of vague posts, but there is not need to go nuts, only ask for details.

Bob
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 20:58

Red phosphorus in the us is a list 1 chemical. Distributing it can get you locked up if you don't have the right paperwork. In some states mere possession can get locked up.
adk
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 22:19

Quote: Originally posted by Amos  
Quote: Originally posted by bolbol  

The funniest part is that he's afraid of sodium dichromate because of its carcinogenicity, and that's preventing him from getting a chemical he really wants: acetaldehyde - a probable carcinogen.

Pretty much everything in organic chemistry is toxic or carcinogenic. It's a field best avoided if one is concerned about the possible health implications related to the use of a particular compound but unwilling to take adequate safety precautions to avoid those risks.

A first year organic chemistry student will probably use: aryl/acyl halides, amines, halogens, halogenated solvents, chromic acid, dichromates, nitrated aromatics, phenols etc. Most risks can be avoided by the use of gloves, glasses and a fume hood.

Chemophobia.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 00:37

I really wish I could have some red P, but California.. :( needed for some jewelry project

considering looking into the paperwork to be allowed a small amount. there was a great paper/book in the hathi book trust that described how to fuse iridium powder to a solid mass with it. powder metallurgy in a situation where otherwise it would be incredibly hard to accomplish. seriously useful, makes me wonder exactly how hard it would be to get approval for purchase and use of say 3g( just over 1cm3. and in what setting with how many agencies staring over your shoulder?

such a shame it is locked away so tightly
szuko03
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 07:33

And I do understand where the paranoia comes from but as others have stated for the most part all chemicals have a large verity of application and this is the forum where those applications are discussed and proven at the home. As far as I am concerned if I needed something questionable the place I would start is here. Not because you guys like to break or bend the rules but this is a place where I would believe my desire would be understood. If I posted a "I need acetic anhydride to do (reaction x)" If I laid out my experiment I would hope this would be the only place I would be believed and not TOLD I am making heroin.

Thats what bothers me, if I was looking for morphine thats one thing but this is the place I would hope no one would instantly think "oh my god hes making meth!" because we understand it here. I would still proceed with caution but I would like to think you guys would listen to what I planned on doing instead of TELLING me what I plan on doing.

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 16:40

*deleted*

[Edited on 18-4-2015 by Cou]

violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 18-4-2015 at 02:33

normally I would just go about doing that, but I really live in a meth ridden area, and I have a 15mo old son. I like to do everything by the book, b/c I really love my life as it is, and wouldn't want to jeopardize that at all. I am a bit more open on here than some partially because honesty is the best policy, and mainly because I have NO interest in any drugs or explosives. I find energetics interesting, not so much HE, mainly preparative thermites and fireworks. though not worth my freedom.

I am 20 min from CSUC( chico, CA) and might be able to politely ask about help after school hours. already contacted them on several occasions with questions. perhaps they could allow me to pay for the P and use it there, with out ever having it at my home. just head back with my formed Ir chunks for the ring. 20g of Ir to play with, so under 1 cm3. I just wanted a couple shapes to set in the Pt band.

Cou: I have played with, made and found rewarding; the use of dichromates. along with MANY other heavy metal salts, corrosive acids, accumulative toxins and so forth. I however didn't play with those things in the absence of the necessary safety gear, and appropriate lab equipment( maybe few times, but learned quick). with proper precautions, you would be absolutely fine. there is a difference in trying to minimize dangers while safely working on a well thought out plan and the kind of experimentation that gets you put in the hospital. you don't have to be afraid your life will end abruptly if you follow the correct protocol. it's kinda a rush knowing your working with danger but not IN danger. like an electrician. some won't touch *anything plugged in for fear of death, while others work with XXXX kV while barefoot standing in a puddle... irrational fear can't simply be dismissed either. if you don't feel comfortable doing something, then don't do it. a person's fear can't always be rationalized to another person, and is very real to the individual regardless of actual danger. so I can't in all good faith say you are simply overreacting, but from a real-world perspective it is overreacting. I my self avoided several experiments, because I didn't know enough and was afraid of Chromyl chloride. I was told that it was impossible to create in the circumstances I had, but still I declined to do it. I have since learned a LOT here, and would easily do what I had planned if it were set before me now. I guess in the end, please don't chastise others for having a pair and getting access to what they want. politely informing an individual of the potential consequences would be acceptable, however thats about as far as it needs to go. unless they are planning to do something REALLY stupid like acidifying a cyanide salt to see what HCN smells like, you cant just blast them. not saying you did that, just an example.

it's not "hate on Cou day" either, people are trying to give you a well rounded view of the situation, and lay your anxiety to rest. if it makes you feel any better, I have called out a few members in the past, citing drug cookery. and I was shown that hastily jumping on some one is a bad idea. several times it was proven they weren't cooks and actually interesting chemistry was being done. I came off like a fool. It's not always immediately clear the intentions of the users, and remembering the whole group of members isn't from the USA is important.
macckone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-4-2015 at 10:15

Side note that is important. My understanding is that if you make phosphorous for example and use it on premises for something other than cookery, then you are still legal. However like explosives you have to have paperwork and everything else to store, distribute or transport list 1 chemicals. Of course I am not a lawyer so take that at face value. Also state laws differ and in some states mere possession may get you locked up. Since the OP is in the US, I am referencing my understanding of the law here. The law here is that distributing a list 1 chemical without a registration is illegal. 21 USC 843(a)(9).

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/843.htm

So rather or not the original poster's intentions are pure, his distribution would be illegal. The person buying it would only be doing something illegal if they were doing it to evade the record keeping requirements or to manufacture drugs.
SupaVillain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-4-2015 at 16:06

In police state america you need a DEA permit i believe, because they want all buyer and seller information of it. They have to track its production and all the distribution of it to help in the event of of investigation. By saying police state america im insulting my country but NOT specifically for this law. The addicts will do anything they can to get their hands on it, it's totally reasonable for these laws to be put in place. There's also other drugs that involve this in their synthesis routes. A lot of lives are saved simply from the difficulty of finding chemicals like red phosphorus. I would be surprised if you have real red P and would probably not want to know where it came from. And yes it's quite possible OP is an agent but nobody gives a damn or should be interested in the product. Sorry not sorry. If OP isn't an agent he doesnt understand how serious the war is to many people.

on a side note finding white phosphorus on Ebay is hilarious

[Edited on 19-4-2015 by SupaVillain]

Oh.
Molecular Manipulations
Hazard to Others

Mood: High on forbidden fruit

[*] posted on 18-4-2015 at 17:51

I've touched dichromites several times, washing prevents any possibility of being poisoned, except by cancer, where it's just probability.

-The manipulator
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know. -W. H. Auden
Zephyr
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-4-2015 at 00:29

I've exchanged chemicals with bolbol in the past and he was very polite and reasonable.
This sounds like a great deal (as long as you are aware/within the law) and I reccomend anyone interested in obtaining a small amount of red phosphorus take advantage of opportunity.

Sciencemadness Patches for sale! U2U me if you are interested.
http://imgur.com/a/QmpHn http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=62566&...
szuko03
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-4-2015 at 07:19

I just really don't understand where all of the paranoia comes from. Its like some people cant imagine someone having these chemicals for other reasons then making drugs. My organic chemistry lab had a huge amount of acetic anhydride and we didn't make heroin. I would trust someone on this website to deliver because if agents kicked down my door sure they would find the red p if I bought it but I definitely would not be doing what they thought I was. My guess is they are out to catch people making drugs and if you aren't sure you get wrapped up in it if you get caught up in an investigation but if your not doing anything wrong and its your first time etc youll walk away. You will be very annoyed and probably post a huge rant *wink wink* but you walk away.

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.
macckone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2015 at 16:52

I don't think anyone is particularly paranoid except for one person who is afraid of dichromate. Bolbol is the one most at risk.

Go To Top