Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ruthenium metal
Fleaker
International Hazard

Mood: nucleophilic

[*] posted on 5-3-2008 at 10:50
Ruthenium metal

I have acquired some ruthenium metal. It is catalytic grade and is suitable for many experiments, in particular electrochemistry (DSA electrodes) and catalysis.

If you have a need for ruthenium metal and live in the USA, Canada, or Mexico please U2U me, Fleaker. So if you've been planning work with this metal for a while but couldn't get any or couldn't justify Alfa's tremendous prices, speak up now!

Neither flask nor beaker.

"Kid, you don't even know just what you don't know. "
--The Dark Lord Sauron
garage chemist
chemical wizard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-3-2008 at 13:57

I want to add, if you live in the EU, you can PM me, I will be ordering some Ruthenium metal from Fleaker as well.
But please do so within the next two days (accepting preorders until friday 0.00) since I want to order as soon as possible.
And no large amounts please, my order volume is already high.

www.versuchschemie.de
Das aktivste deutsche Chemieforum!
Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 00:41

i have 10x10g of 20% Pt:Ru on Vulcan XC-72, its a product from a company called E-tek so if you live in Australia and want any of this stuff U2U me. The containers are 10g each and sealed. Hmm any idea's on its value?

Fleaker
International Hazard

Mood: nucleophilic

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 06:06

Well that would be 100g of PtRu on what I think is some sort of trade name for carbon black.

If it's 50-50 PtRu (I would be wary on this unless it says exactly what it is) then you have 20g of Pt/Ru alloy. Which means 10g Pt, 10g of Ru. So probably about 700 dollars US at a nice refinery.

Attachment: VULCAN_XC72-English.pdf (44kB)
This file has been downloaded 1734 times

Neither flask nor beaker.

"Kid, you don't even know just what you don't know. "
--The Dark Lord Sauron
Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 15:45

well the specs on that XC-72 seem plausible given it was surplus from a optical fibre lab i took over in the mid nineties (best vibration free tables in that place, was such a waste doing plastics additives work on them after that but hey they ran out of funding so bad luck).
Also i still have a burleigh wavemeter junior from that lab if anyone with a penchant for physics/fibre optics could use it and is happy to pay the shipping costs. It is box only without the probes. It would make me happy for someone to find use of it given i've been staring at it for 15years.

Go To Top