Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RB5 Vacuum Pump Edwards
panziandi
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 09:56
RB5 Vacuum Pump Edwards

I just got an Edwards RB5 vacuum pump off eBay and it seems to work (quickly plugged it in) but the vacuum and compressor inlets are threaded holes... I need barbs to connect to thick rubber tubing to my glassware. Is anybody familiar with this model? If so does anybody know what I need exactly or even have the parts spare?

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 10:52

The manual should specify some size with "FPT" = female pipe threads. Go get a matching MPT = male pipe thread to barb adapter at your local plumbing supplier or home store.
panziandi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 10:56

No manual :( but I will measure the width and go to a plumbers tomorrow and see if there will be any joy. Cheers!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 22:59

A plumber's supply might help. A commercial pressurized fluids and gasses handling supply house could be more helpful if there's one in your area. We have one called, "Fluid Connectors" that has helped me with modifying vessels to incorporate fluid inlets and drains.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 12-9-2008 at 10:00

usually, it's 3/8" threading. the outlet on my Edwards E2M1.5 is a 3/8".

panziandi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-9-2008 at 07:06

I contacted Edwards UK for help. They will look into it and let me know hopefully on Monday. I'll check that size and make a note of it for when Edwards ring me back. Lets hope I can have a spare part off them! Cheers all.

stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 13-9-2008 at 09:32

Quote:
Originally posted by panziandiLets hope I can have a spare part off them! Cheers all.

Edwards will most likely charge you much more than you paid for the pump itself just for the spare parts.

Go To Top