Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Custom MMO Electrodes
cassava
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-12-2018 at 17:23
Custom MMO Electrodes

I have managed to find a seller on Alibaba, Baoji Qixin Titanium, who sells MMO electrodes to individuals. Although shipping is expensive, the price of the actual product is quite reasonable. I have ordered from them in the past and they are responsive and my electrodes arrived undamaged. The catch is that you must send them specifications for the electrode that you want. I am unsure of what is a good electrode shank cross section is to prevent overheating and throttling of the current. Any practical suggestions or references to design an electrode in the 20-100A range would be much appreciated.
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-12-2018 at 04:02

There's a lot of information on the forum about chlorate cells design and electrodes design (material, shape etc).
Use google instead of the forum's search engine and you should find everything you need. It's not something I've experimented with (yet).

A couple of thoughts though: 20-100 Amps is a lot, you'll have to build a very big cell to avoid instant boil.
This will be a dangerous cell if you are not careful.
markx
National Hazard

Mood: Very Jolly

[*] posted on 21-12-2018 at 09:24

Quote: Originally posted by cassava  
I have managed to find a seller on Alibaba, Baoji Qixin Titanium, who sells MMO electrodes to individuals. Although shipping is expensive, the price of the actual product is quite reasonable. I have ordered from them in the past and they are responsive and my electrodes arrived undamaged. The catch is that you must send them specifications for the electrode that you want. I am unsure of what is a good electrode shank cross section is to prevent overheating and throttling of the current. Any practical suggestions or references to design an electrode in the 20-100A range would be much appreciated.

Unless you plan pilot production scale enterprise, I suggest to not work for a 100A capacity. For casual home tinkering 20-40A cell is plenty. Even with this setup one rarely finds use for product and it tends to pile up quite fast.
As for electrode shank dimesions....for a Ti shank and 40A capacity I would suggest at least 12mm diameter rod. Actually here less is not more. You can safely overdimension the current collector and run it at lower amperage. But running a underdimensioned electrode shank at higher current shall immediately create problems with overheating.

Exact science is a figment of imagination.......

Go To Top