Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: starting a organic home lab
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-8-2009 at 15:01

I hope you have a ptfe throat and stomach lining... He's got me convinced, I spoke at length with him about it through U2U a while back.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 28-8-2009 at 15:10

You mean the guy who late last year asked whether he should buy glassware or use jam jars?

I'm convinced that he's full of it, and I don't mean oleum.
panziandi
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 29-8-2009 at 09:52

From the sounds of it entropy51 thinks there's a sulphurous stench of hydrogen sulphide or B-mercaptoethanol (bit of a stinker!), as opposed to the fumes of oleum coming from this dude! I admitt that to go from jam jars to a fully registered laboratory with a highly efficient contact plant, in under a year, seems a little... fishy (kinda reminds me of the odour of diethylamine). entropy... can you smell skatole did you say earlier, lots of pongs around here?

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 29-8-2009 at 11:16

I hate to criticize the wee lad, but there's already so much misinformation posted here that I can't stand to see intentional bovine excrement pass unchallenged.

If someone as experienced as Fleaker can barely get a bench scale running (with good equipment), then this other claim strains credibility.
Rich_Insane
Hazard to Others

Mood: alive

[*] posted on 31-8-2009 at 13:22

I don't even have receivers or joints.... I need all the stuff to put the flasks together. In fact, I'm not sure what kind of Ahlinn it is and what size! I bought it from an Indian surplus store for like 1000 rupees (or something around there). I think it's 300 mm long though.

I only have 250 ml flasks...... I badly need a 500 ml one. The problem with this hobby is....that things....are too...damn....expensive. Especially for a minor with no legitimate source of income.
kclo4
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-8-2009 at 13:25

Not only the price, but also the fact that they break more easily/often then items found in other hobbies :(

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top