Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rights,privacy,pursuit of happiness?
grndpndr
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 05:54
Rights,privacy,pursuit of happiness?

While the above thoughts are l true and I certainly sympathise the anti gun control folks been using the same arguments against clear infringment of constitutional rights and the bill of rights which clearly states
each individuals right to keep and bear/privacy etc etc.What posible chance do you think home chemists stand after witnessing the assault on guns to which the bill of rights states you have a right to keep and bear and which gunowners are represented by a large % of the populace as compared to hobby chemists.Like it or not home chemists are very similar in thier beliefs in freedom and privacy as gun owners.Chemistrys just a tool after all very much as a gun is and is used for good and bad.Welcome to the struggle.Pots getting awful hot:!Soups almost on!And freedom loving americans are the main course:(

[Edited on 28-9-2009 by grndpndr]

[Edited on 28-9-2009 by grndpndr]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 06:11

Quote: Originally posted by grndpndr  
Like it or not home chemists are very similar in thier beliefs in freedom and privacy as gun owners.

I'd say just about everyone on the planet values their freedom and privacy more or less equally---no section(s) of society has a monopoly there. . .
It's pretty universal!

[Edited on 28-9-2009 by hissingnoise]
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 06:46

Needles are used for bad and good.
Point is that not everyone is capable judging their own actions.
So apparently it is decided for them.

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 12:46

The more I read, the more I realise how much stuff I'm interested in that has the possibility of being used for bad.

And at the same time I value my privacy, I'm happy for authorities to make sure I'm not using them for bad.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 17:18

Quote: Originally posted by grndpndr  
What posible chance do you think home chemists stand after witnessing the assault on guns to which the bill of rights states you have a right to keep and bear and which gunowners are represented by a large % of the populace as compared to hobby chemists.

Assault on guns? What the heck are you talking about? You can legally buy guns anywhere that I've ever lived. Not necessarily true for chemicals. I don't see your point at all.

And I think Polverone has declared political discourse off limits on this forum.

Go To Top