Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: I have found PbO2 for sale
patsroom
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 17:11
I have found PbO2 for sale

Hello to everyone, I was invited by one of your members to this site as I have some (hopefully) some exciting news. I found a company that will sell to me Lead Dixoide Anodes at a size that will be useable in the home lab. If all goes well with this deal I am making I could get them out to the those how are interested in having one. But I do need to know if there is a strong interest in abtaining them from those that are willing to buy one.
The following I place on another web site as to try and get a response.
I have been in talks with a company that is welling to sale me Lead Dixoide Anodes. The New Price that they well be to buy one is $135.00 USD plus shipping and handling for type A anode and for type B the asking price is $105.00 USD plus shipping and handling. I would still have to buy a minium of 20 of them at a time. This is for the first order as they wish for the samples to be seen. I do not known if they would increase the price after but I would think not (I hope not).
I need the help of all of the members here to see what you think about this, please reply good or bad so I can decide if I should buy 20 or more.
My feeling is that the price is now so much better (than the price for Pt. coated Ti. at $80.00 to $90.00 for a .5" x 4" with a 3" hanging strap). And theses lead dixoide anodes well do everything that we could want from chlorides to pre-chlorates of the salts.
I know that there is a thread within this forum that deals in the sale of pyro items, but as you can see this is not items for sale at this time. This is a request for replies to see if this is a deal that everybody would be interested in. Like I said earlier I just think that this is a great buy and the price is now so much better than their first go around.
There is not much more I can add with out Beating a Dead Horse on this one. Just one more kick at the horse I just can't help it- This would be a great deal I know it would be.
This was my first offer recieved, But I found the price way to high. Then I got the next offer and felt that it was a price I could work with. I hope to get a PDF in here as well to shown the size.
XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXX
Titanium Products and Equipment Manufacturing Co.,Ltd Price list

Date of offer: October 24, 2009

Item :Lead dioxide coated Titanium Anode

Client name: Patrick

Email:

Address:
Item 1

Type A anode

Cost of material

36USD/piece

Cost of coating

152USD/piece

Unit price

36USD+152USD=188USD/piece

Quantity

20pcs

Total value

188USDX20=3,760USD

Item 2

Type B anode

Cost of material

28USD/piece

Cost of coating

131USD/piece

Unit price

28USD+131USD=159USD/piece

Quantity

20pcs

Total value

159USDX20=3,180USD

Remarks:

Quotation mode

CIF Oregon (Door to door)

Validity of offer

Within 20 days

Minimum of order

20pcs for each item

Coating contents

Lead dioxide(PbO2)

Thickness of PbO2

1.5mm

Lifespan of anode

=2.5 years

Delivery time

Within 3 weeks against Copy of Remittance

Packing

Export Standard Wooden case

Terms of payment

By T/T, 100% payment in advance against Proforma Invoice

XXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX Products and Equipment

Manufacturing Co.,Ltd

Contact person: (Sales Manager)

Tel: 0086+512+6665 XXXX

Fax:0086+512+6536 XXXX

Mobile:0086+151 9568-XXXX(24hour)

Web:

Mail

Sorry about blank out the contact infor. I just don't want to sour the cream.

So the price will be $135.00 USD plus shipping and Handling to your door for the large one and $105.00 USD plus shipping and handling for the smaller one. I would love to hear what others are thinking.
I Than all of you if you manage to read this far and I hope to hear from those how would like me to finish the deal........Pat

Attachment: Drawing PDF Anode.pdf (11kB)
This file has been downloaded 657 times

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 08:37

Mindblowing attachment, Pat. . .
And certainly one I'll keep going back to!
Incidentally, would the company be Indian---TITAN, perhaps?
[Edited on 7-11-2009 by hissingnoise]

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by hissingnoise]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 10:17

Just found this. . .http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/234895543/lead_dioxide_anode.html
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-11-2009 at 02:06

Quote: Originally posted by patsroom  
Item :Lead dioxide coated Titanium Anode.

Seriously Pat, can you post pictures of the anode?
A general shot and a colour close-up of the surface texture. . .
patsroom
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-11-2009 at 15:45

hissingnoise,
The best I can do for now is the PDF drawing. But I agree that a picture is well worth a thousand words. The drawing is what I sent to the company and got a reply back saying that they can do. The thickness of the anode coating is to be about 1.5 thick in metric so the out come will be larger that 1/8"(It would be about 1/16") inch which I hope mean total thickness being over a 1/4" (I think,wrong more like about 1/8"). Just a soon as I recieve some I will post pictures. But it must be known that I need positive in put from all to know if I should even order them.
My funds are real tight and I must know that I do not have to carry the full burden of cost once I get them in hand. So if I know that there are those willing to buy them it will help me to decide on the numbers to order. So please everyone put in your support and let me know if I should or should not continue with this deal.

[Edited on 9-11-2009 by patsroom]
patsroom
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-11-2009 at 15:52

I forgot to mention that right now if I was to order because of my lacking the needed funds I well most likely order the smaller one at 105.00 cost. But these will be twice as big as the .5" wide Pt. Ti that sale 79.00 to 89.00 USD that I seen and a lot thicker meat on the bone too, sort of to speak. Thanks for reading this
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 03:57

The thickness of the anode coating is to be about 1.5 thick in metric so the out come will be larger that 1/8"

1.5mm is about 1/16" which is fine in an industrial stack but the hobbyist won't have the fine tuning needed to get anything like the 2.5 years anode-life mentioned. . .
4mm should be better able to stand up to the voltage and current fluctuations (not to mention inexpert handling) of back-yard electrolysis!
patsroom
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 09:41

I thank you so much for correcting the thickness as I have a hard time with metrics. Pat
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 13:06

I have a hard time with metrics.

I see!
Not 'sell', then?
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 11:53

Hello

The coating is a bit too thin at 1.5mm.
Would be good to purchase one of these and test in a Chloride to Perchlorate cell (no pH controll) and see how many months it would last. I do not think it would last for 2.5 years.
I'll be letting someone else do the purchasing.

Dann2
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 15:24

Pat, some of us here would consider selling family members for for a good dependable DSA (GSLD) and no one wants to fuck around with Pb in solution as recent data suggests that Pb is much more insidious than previously thought, so can you talk to your contacts about custom plating. . .
NaClO4 is expensive, and going up, and an L/D anode good for, say, 5000hrs intermittent use would sure get my full attention !

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by hissingnoise]
patsroom
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 18:35

I see some real discussion here in regards to the anodes. As for the thickness if anyone ever read Swedes requirements to the thickness he feel was a good place to be then maybe your confidence would increase. The price break I recieved was as good to get as any, but my funds are real tight and this will hurt me quite a bit.
I can not get just one but must order 20 at a time minimum, that means it cuts into my families' living expenses by over 2/3. I do not wish to harm anyone. So someone other than myself well have to test these. I would feel if it was someone's else doing the dealing and he wa to say " Hey these anodes are great and evervbody needs to buy one" I would not feel safe in buying one from the Fox in the hen house that was doing the counting. So there we are someone will have to be independent and test one for the rest of us. I am looking a putting out over a $1000.00 USD for this and I have placed my trust in the company who has been producing them at a hugh size for other companies.
I showed the first bid I recieved and the thickness in size with what was said to last 2.5 years.
Now if we think as a company thinks: 2.5 yrs. x 365 days + 912.5 days. If we now take the 912.5 days x 24 hrs we now + 21,900 hrs. even if we were to say 8 hrs. a day for 912.5 days that would equal out to 7300 hrs.
Boy, that is a lot of hours either way we want to look at it. So now we have to worry about max. Amps that it can take and what would be the best operating Amps we could use and this will have a lot to do with the life of the anode. These are important questions to be asked as well. I am will to trust the company as it would do them no good not to produce a good product to sale as they are hoping that there will be more sales down the road. This place has the personal to make these as well as the chemicals. This in it's self make this a good buy if they are even half as capable to preform. This is would all so require someone that is trusted in the pyro community to do a test outside of my control. Until we have outside input from someone else other than me about the quality. The only claims I can make will be what I am told by the company and you can see what they have said so far by looking the dealing that I posted.
By this coming Monday I should know if I well be placing an order or id I must do some more leg works.......... If you have read all of this I thank you for your time and I hope this helps in understanding what is going on right now..Pat
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 06:23

Hello Pat,

Mention the Anode over in REC.PYRO.

http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.pyrotechnics/topics?hl=en

You could also ask someone to mention it on the pyrotechnics mailing list (don't know much about it myself) or join the list. (Google for it)

Also WWW.APCFORUMS.COM

The Lead Dioxide thickness on Graphite Substrate Anode that were used for commercial production of Perchlorate (from Chloride--->Chlorate--->Perchlorate) was approx. 4 to 5 mm thick.
An Anode I made had LD thickness on the bottom of it of 0.9mm. This lasted close to 2 months before the Ti started to show. (I will look up the details). Anode was used to make Perk. from Chloride with no pH controll in the cell. The LD higher up the Anode (was thicker) is still there and will last some more time no doubt.

Swede did not actually start to use his LD on MMO Anode. It may have been ran for a short time just as a preliminary test.

forgot to mention I sold all my family members a long time ago for Gouging rods!

Dann2

[Edited on 11-11-2009 by dann2]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 06:38

I'd decompose Pb(NO3)2 if I really needed to make liquid NO2, but plating-baths are out!
A few days ago a news-item (BBC or Ch4(uk)) reported findings suggesting that low levels of lead can cause partial amnesia in some people---plumbers and stained-glass workers, etc!
Later I couldn't find a link on either site, but I didn't imagine it. . .

[Edited on 11-11-2009 by hissingnoise]
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 10:12

Hello,

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  

A few days ago a news-item (BBC or Ch4(uk)) reported findings suggesting that low levels of lead can cause partial amnesia in some people---plumbers and stained-glass workers, etc!
Later I couldn't find a link on either site, but I didn't imagine it. . .

Have you been doing your own plumbing and stained glass decor? Me thinks yes and you have forgotton the link (and location) ;)

Whoever cannot operate a Lead Nitrate plating tank without contaminating themselves, others or their surroundings, should not be going anywhere near Chlorate/Perchlorate/pyro stuff as they would also be incapable of dealing with that field of endeavor.
(Lead) plating baths are out, me arse.

@Pat
You could ask the Anode makers how much for Anodes with (say) 4mm thick coating. It will take little extra expence for them to make IMO. Just some extra Lead Compounds and plating time.
I am not interested in purchasing any Anode's.

Dann2

patsroom
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 11:04

Hello Dann2
Thanks for the leads to the other places I will be checking them out.
I find it most interesting about your experience with the lead dixoide anodes and would like to here more about it. By chance did you write up a blog or web page about it as I would enjoy reading your work.
About you trading family members for Gouging Rods did you get a good deal for them?:P
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 11:51

Hello Pat,

APCFORUMS appears to be down (or have I the correct address?). Perhaps Swede or Tentacles can inform us.

There is lots (and lots and lots) of reading in the thread 'More on PbO2 Anodes' in this section of SCI.MAD. It's a bit verbose and drawn out at time but that's no fault of mine you know (naturally enough (wink)).

Also a page here depicting some of my Anode adventures

http://www.oxidizing.110mb.com/chlorate/leaddiox/tiatold.htm...

I have to get back to finishing the write-up (I have just realized).
An (the only Ti substrate LD Anode I have made) Anode I made lasted for 10 weeks before the Ti substrate started to show. This happened at the bottom of the Anode where the LD was only 0.9mm thick (as said above). Details on page.
The Anode is still workable though. Must dunk it into a cell some time soon and see how long more it lasts.
The Ti substrate is the way to go. It works well and more importantly if a fault (or wear) occurs in the Anode you will not get sudden failure. The rest of the Anode will go on working untill the whole thing is well and truly worn out. (not like Graphite substrate what will fail abruptly at the first small fault that may occur in the LD plating.
Massive Anodes are a good alternative but will be inclined to break (the reinforcing in them seems to cure that problem though) and it is relatively difficult to get a good long term, stable, electrical connection to them. They are also not very beautyful to behold. Crooked as the (proverbial) hind leg of a goat.

Dann2

Dann2

hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 11:56

Quote: Originally posted by dann2  
Hello,
Have you been doing your own plumbing and stained glass decor? Me thinks yes and you have forgotton the link (and location) ;
Whoever cannot operate a Lead Nitrate plating tank without contaminating themselves, others or their surroundings, should not be going anywhere near Chlorate/Perchlorate/pyro stuff as they would also be incapable of dealing with that field of endeavor.

Hello! Hello, Nah---dann2, the only lead I like handling is AH milling media and the only lead I like melting is flux-cored!
As for chlorates, I was fucking around with them when you really were dann2. . . dann in two places (warm, moist and visceral) at the same time!
I just might though, by now have forgotten more about chlorates than you'll ever learn. . .
[edit] Gee dann2, was that quote really neccessary?

dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 12:20

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  

Hello! Hello, Nah---dann2, the only lead I like handling is AH milling media and the only lead I like melting is flux-cored!
As for chlorates, I was fucking around with them when you really were dann2. . . dann in two places (warm, moist and viceral) at the same time!
I just might though, by now have forgotten more about chlorates than you'll ever learn. . .

Good to see you back to your old self!

Tooling up, buckets of projects, buckets of knowledge (both remembered and (may have) forgotton, etc etc etc etc ect etc. :D
And I STILL done believe any of it.

Say heeeeehaaaaaa to deja vu (and hope we do not upset all the listening Gentlemen as we reck each others hair and break our nice manicured finger nails.)

Dann2

ps Any chance of a Diva break ;)

hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 12:37

Well---I am heading for sixtytwo (62), dann(2)you old swaddling tyro-pyro you. . .
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 12:55

Actually dann2, on mature reflection I see I've been going a bit over the top---please disregard all the above. . .

hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 14:39

Quote: Originally posted by dann2  

(Lead) plating baths are out, me arse.

This isn't the report I referred to earlier but it is worth checking before blithely forging ahead. . .

http://www.scitopics.com/Lead_toxicity_and_chelation_treatme...
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 18:00

As well as Pb, chelation treatment can also be used for poisoning by other heavy metals such as Hg, Cd, Sb, Bi, Tl, Ni. However, the ligands used may affect metabolism of transition metals which are essential trace elements, especially Fe, and also in smaller quantities Co, Mn, Zn, Cu, Mo, Cr, V.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-11-2009 at 02:12

("Headache, poor attention span, irritability loss of memory and dullness are the early symptoms of lead exposure on the CNS. The ability to think. . .")

It seems a cruel irony that the ability to think clearly is so affected by an element that is so interesting that it invites scientific research. . .
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-11-2009 at 04:00

Hello,

Now, where was I...............
O yea

Once sensible precautions are taken (and they must be taken) with a Lead plating tank it is no more dangerous that lots of other endevors.

The problem with Lead it that in the past is was used all over the place willy nilly as some examples show.
The Romans used it to sweeten wine by putting Litharge into sour wine where Lead Acetate formed and sweetened it up.
Don't use Litharge as a sweetner, bad job.
Lead Nitrate solution was used in the past as a hand rub!
The stuff was added to petrol and subsequently spewed all over the place in tonnage amounts.

I will say this to one and all.
If you don't feel you have the confidence/ability to operate a Lead Nitrate plating tank without contaminating or poisoning yourself, or others, stay well away from the whole field of making and using LD Anodes. (and pyro stuff, cells, shooting, etc, etc).

There will be no problems unless work is carried out in a foolish and sloppy manner.

Mature reflection?
Now THERE'S a novel concept :cool:

Dann2
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top