Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ChemicalsRUs and KaiChem buying
agorot
Hazard to Self

Mood: like an activated complex

[*] posted on 4-2-2010 at 19:50
ChemicalsRUs and KaiChem buying

Has anyone ever bought from this site before? http://www.chemicalsrus.com

I want to be sure its safe before I get some stuff. I'm mainly interested in sodium benzoate, but I thought I'd pick up some NaNO3 and one or two other things as well.

Also This site: http://www.kaichem.com

They both sell Kai Tech Chemicals, the latter looks a little bit less shady though.

[Edited on 5-2-2010 by agorot]
bbartlog
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 07:43

The latter looks like they paid a little more for web development, maybe. On the other hand the former actually gives a street address. They both used the same photos for their chemicals. Anyway I'd assume it's a legitimate shoestring operation; if you're going to set up a scam there are surely more profitable ways to do it than setting up a bogus site to sell chemicals for $5 to $10 per pound. Also they appear to steer clear of both hazmat and DEA list type stuff (it's almost all fairly innocuous powders) whereas if I were trying to rip people off I'd be pretending to sell phosphorus, isosafrole and acetic anhydride, or something like that. I'm guessing someone is just trying to run a home business by repackaging fifty pound sacks of safe and uncontroversial chemicals that they sourced from China. The only worry I'd have is with reagent quality (I notice that their 'anhydrous' CuSO4 is bluer than I would expect...) but at their prices I think I could afford to order and evaluate. Thanks for the links.
agorot
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 22:19

I just bought a decent sized order. I'll let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me in a week or two, assume I've been taken by the FBI and am explaining why these chemicals are so good for gardening. :D
bbartlog
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-2-2010 at 11:44

I guess the FBI caught up with agorot? Or perhaps the BATF :-).
Anyway I ordered some CuSO4, K2CO3, KNO3 and carbon from kaichem (the chemicalsrus site seems to be malfunctioning). We'll see how it goes.

agorot
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-2-2010 at 13:07

I actually just got the order yesterday. I'm satisfied. No FBI, yet.

The only problem with the transaction was that the merchant emailed me saying I bought just one too many chemicals to fit in a standard medium flat rate box, so he had to send it separately. I'm still waiting on the other box, but it should be here by Saturday. The box I did get was completely full though, so I'm pretty sure the seller was telling the truth and just couldn't fit another bottle in the box.
agorot
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-2-2010 at 14:11

This is the response I got when I emailed the company kaichem asking them if they import from China. He seems pretty sincere. He even gave me his phone #. You decide.

Quote:

No! we do not import anything from China we manufacture 85% of the items on our 14 Estores and buy from American manufactures. We make sure that each chemical has no contamination on the outside of the bags and bottles, however they do get thrown around in the mail and some times they may leak in transit (bags). It may therefore have some materials on the outside, the bottles have no leakage and they are safe and free of chemicals on the outside, they may have some dust from the warehouse, but its just dust from people and boxes, etc, no chemicals. most of the items we sell in bags are for immediate uses and therefore it is not usually a problem because they will not be stored, if you want to store them for a long time buy the items in bottles and they will keep forever if kept dry and free of moisture. Just let me know next time you order and I will ensure that all of the items you buy are in bottles except for the bulk items it cost a lot for the bottles. I can package all items in bottles including the bulk items but it will cost extra for the packaging and shipping. If you have a mixture of items in your package some of the bags may have leaked and gotten on the bottles, We try to keep all item safe but the usps are terrible in the way they handle their packages.

If you have any questions please give me a call @ (910)-261-1295

Anthony Mfg Chemist Kai Tech Chemicals
rrkss
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-2-2010 at 09:28

I've purchased from them twice. Both times I got exactly what was described and the quality was pretty good. I bought Ferrous Sulfate and Sodium Acetate Anhydrous.
Rich_Insane
Hazard to Others

Mood: alive

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 13:45

I purchase my KNO3 from Kaichem regularly. It usually comes fine. Around 6 months ago, I ordered some Ca(NO3)2, and it never came. However, apparently, there were errors with the system back then and a bottle that had its label smudged off.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 2-4-2010 at 04:44

Their list of chemicals is not really shocking, not a single chemical which looks suspicious. I would not hesitate to try them if I wanted some of those chemicals.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
bbartlog
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-4-2010 at 07:46

Chemicals I ordered from them arrived just fine, and seem decent quality within my limited ability to evaluate such things.
densest
Hazard to Others

Mood: slowly warming to strain point

[*] posted on 15-4-2010 at 16:53

FWIW, chemicalsrus.com seems to have disappeared. Oh well.

peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 28-6-2010 at 12:38

They also look a little more genuine that a lot of similar sites as they've gone to the effort of taking unique pictures for most of the items, even when it's a white powder. Rather than using a stock photo of a jar for everything.

Looks geared towards pyrotechnics to me.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 30-6-2010 at 06:29

The "traps" are almost never geared toward pyro stuff. In fact, I can't remember one of them. It's meth cooks that are so unbelievably stupid that they honestly believe that they can order needed precursors via the internet, that even keeps those attempts active. The key generally, is if they have the meth standards and few other materials.... artfully arranged like a flower display & some deal on shipping strongly imposed so that an address is featured prominently in the order mechanism instead of a PO application, etc.

peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 3-7-2010 at 16:08

Yep... I2 and red phosphorus on one site with little else = meth cooks

You know that recipe is from 1919...? 4/5 meth labs are on fire when the authorities arrive. :D

[Edited on 4-7-2010 by peach]

Go To Top