Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Making Nitric Acid from Sodium Nitrate and Hydrochloric Acid
rickandmorty5
Banned

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 08:09
Making Nitric Acid from Sodium Nitrate and Hydrochloric Acid

Hello science madness forum!!! Im in colledge and I need your guys’s help!!! for this project im trying to make nitric acid using this formula: NaNO3 + HCl ---> NaCl + HNO3
I ask you guys please help me how exactly would you go about mixing sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid together and then how would you seperate the results so that you have just only the HNO3 the nitric acid then? This operation doesnt require a distillation apparatus does it guys? Thanks so much guys!!!!

78E5DCDD-E0D5-4580-AAAF-FE4D54F929A8.png - 820kB
fusso
International Hazard

Mood: H2O-PHoBiC

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 08:20

Why include an irrelevant image? There's no need for any.
And HCl will be oxidized by the HNO3 generated in situ and is wasted. Best use H2SO4 to make HNO3.

Useful sites:
Balance Chemical Equation: http://www.webqc.org/balance.php
Molecular mass and elemental composition calculator: https://www.webqc.org/mmcalc.php
Solubility table: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
It's not crime if noone finds out - Nyaruko
List of materials made by ScienceMadness users: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
rickandmorty5
Banned

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 09:25

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
And HCl will be oxidized by the HNO3 generated in situ and is wasted. Best use H2SO4 to make HNO3.

Sorry little buddy! But i actually dont take orders from you! :( I can actually post any le funny meme i want and theres nothing you can do about it! :((((((

Oh wow thanks so much for the help! The oxidizing makes sense thanks! And what does situ mean? Oh wow okay so i should use sulfuric acid to make nitric acid? Oh im sorry little man, but i actually asked you how make nitric acid with sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid!!! You think youre pretty smart or something huh? Well no. And you need to explain it more. Try again, thanks so much. Let me guess, youre pretty liberal leaning arent you? Whats your reddit username?
Sigmatropic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 10:14

An month spent in the laboratory will save a day spent in the library.

You are a kw3l and you should know your place.

But by all means try to reinvent the wheel and obtain reasonably pure nitric acid from what is essentially aqua regia. All the best of luck!

Now go back to lurking and stop bothering us with this immature, unfounded nonsense.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 10:48

Quote: Originally posted by Sigmatropic  

Now go back to lurking and stop bothering us with this immature, unfounded nonsense.

Indeed Sigma, he sounds like the 'wrong stuff' with fucking knobs on!

Bedlasky
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 11:38

Quote: Originally posted by rickandmorty5  
Oh im sorry little man, but i actually asked you how make nitric acid with sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid!!!

This isn't way how to prepare pure nitric acid. Nitric acid will oxidize chloride to nitrosyl chloride and chlorine! So don't be arrogant because Fusso was right.

[Edited on 16-4-2019 by Bedlasky]
rickandmorty5
Banned

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:19

But by all means try to reinvent the wheel and obtain reasonably pure nitric acid from what is essentially aqua regia. All the best of luck!

Hahahahaha, little man, you think i was asking how to extract nitric acid from nitric acid and hydrochloric acid mixed together? Um, no, you stupid little cunt. I actually asked how to fucking extract nitric acid from sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid together. And guess what little buddy? I already know how to fucking do that! It was all a put on! My friends and I come from a much more sophisticated private chemical forum and they were talking about how you trash on sciencemadness.org have fucking below 70 iqs. And they were right holy fucking shit you chickenshit motherfucker! That question of mine should have been answered with substance such as “hey man you gotta mix the sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid with some water and some powdered copper and then have that gas off into a tube that then submerges into another cup with hydrogen peroxide in it...” So do i hear all about that? No i dont, no i fucking dont, and it was all a put on, a fucking test, a fucking test you just failed you stupid little piece of shit. Motherfucker a day spent in the lab will save you having to actually learn this shit and actually read shit with your fucking eyes because youre clearly a stupid little cunt. I asked HOW TO GET NITRIC ACID FROM SODIUM NITRATE AND HYDROCHLORIC ACID NOT HOW TO EXTRACT NITRIC ACID FROM NITRIC ACID AND HYDROCHLORIC ACID MIXED TOGETHER!!!!!! By all fucking means ill reinvent your dumb ass into a wheel bitch!!! All the best of luck being fucking dyslexic you chickenshit! (no offense to dyslexic people) NOW GO BACK TO FUCKING THE DOCTOR AND GET YOUR EYESIGHT CHECKED OUT AND STOP DISEASING ONLINE FORUMS WITH YOUR PRETENTIOUS, SNIVVELING, MISREADING SHIT DUMB ASS CHICKEN SHIT SELF!!!!!! YOURE FUCKING NO SENSE DUMBASS!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR PLACE YOU STUPID LITTLE FUCKING SHIT HEAD!!! and lastly what in the literal fuck all hell of jesus does Kw3l even fucking mean you liberal? Fuck you. Do you know who youre messing with? You and your friends are gonna get memed online!!!
rickandmorty5
Banned

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:21

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  

Indeed Sigma, he sounds like the 'wrong stuff' with fucking knobs on!

Hahhahaha oh wow okay so everyone on this forum is dyslexic? Okay cool!
rickandmorty5
Banned

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:26

Quote: Originally posted by Bedlasky  
Oh im sorry little man, but i actually asked you how make nitric acid with sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid!!!

This isn't way how to prepare pure nitric acid. Nitric acid will oxidize chloride to nitrosyl chloride and chlorine! So don't be arrogant because Fusso was right.

[Edited on 16-4-2019 by Bedlasky]

Hahahaha, oh wow great! another super smart person! Okay so youre telling me that nitric acid reacts with hydrochloric acid to gas off nitrosyl chloride and chlorine? Thats some super duper fucking cool fun fact information buddy but how in the literl fuck is that relevant to my question in any concievable way? Refer to the reply i gave to sigmatropic for more information dumbass :)
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Metastable, and that's good enough.

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:31

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  

Sorry little buddy! But i actually dont take orders from you! :( I can actually post any le funny meme i want and theres nothing you can do about it! :((((((

Yeah, but I can do something about it.

This board owes its longevity and quality to a certain conservative attitude which includes, among other things, a minimalist approach where we refrain from adding extraneous and distracting fluff.
Welcome to the board (since you are new). Please take the time to do some reading including the FAQ and get used to the culture of this place.
Interesting question, but unfortunately not practical -- unless your goal is to liberate a lot of chlorine gas in your lab.

If you are interested, take a look at the latest offering from sum_lab:
A primer on metals and non-metals with at least one novel experiment.
j_sum1
Administrator

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:42

Hahahahaha, little man, you think i was asking how to extract nitric acid from nitric acid and hydrochloric acid mixed together? Um, no, you stupid little cunt. I actually asked how to fucking extract nitric acid from sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid together. And guess what little buddy? I already know how to fucking do that! It was all a put on! My friends and I come from a much more sophisticated private chemical forum and they were talking about how you trash on sciencemadness.org have fucking below 70 iqs. And they were right holy fucking shit you chickenshit motherfucker! That question of mine should have been answered with substance such as “hey man you gotta mix the sodium nitrate and hydrochloric acid with some water and some powdered copper and then have that gas off into a tube that then submerges into another cup with hydrogen peroxide in it...” So do i hear all about that? No i dont, no i fucking dont, and it was all a put on, a fucking test, a fucking test you just failed you stupid little piece of shit. Motherfucker a day spent in the lab will save you having to actually learn this shit and actually read shit with your fucking eyes because youre clearly a stupid little cunt. I asked HOW TO GET NITRIC ACID FROM SODIUM NITRATE AND HYDROCHLORIC ACID NOT HOW TO EXTRACT NITRIC ACID FROM NITRIC ACID AND HYDROCHLORIC ACID MIXED TOGETHER!!!!!! By all fucking means ill reinvent your dumb ass into a wheel bitch!!! All the best of luck being fucking dyslexic you chickenshit! (no offense to dyslexic people) NOW GO BACK TO FUCKING THE DOCTOR AND GET YOUR EYESIGHT CHECKED OUT AND STOP DISEASING ONLINE FORUMS WITH YOUR PRETENTIOUS, SNIVVELING, MISREADING SHIT DUMB ASS CHICKEN SHIT SELF!!!!!! YOURE FUCKING NO SENSE DUMBASS!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR PLACE YOU STUPID LITTLE FUCKING SHIT HEAD!!! and lastly what in the literal fuck all hell of jesus does Kw3l even fucking mean you liberal? Fuck you. Do you know who youre messing with? You and your friends are gonna get memed online!!!

I should have read the whole thread before admonishing you.
This is completely uncalled for.
A nitrate salt in acidic solution is effectively a solution contaiuning nitric acid. And if the acid solution is created using HCl you do effectively have aqua regia. So, you are incorrect on the technical details.

This is a moderated forum and there is no place for this kind of abusive language or outburst: especially at those who have actually answered your question correctly.
Banned for a week: if I remember to come back and unban you.

fusso
International Hazard

Mood: H2O-PHoBiC

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:47

Maybe aswell remove any irrelevant content and dump this.

Useful sites:
Balance Chemical Equation: http://www.webqc.org/balance.php
Molecular mass and elemental composition calculator: https://www.webqc.org/mmcalc.php
Solubility table: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
It's not crime if noone finds out - Nyaruko
List of materials made by ScienceMadness users: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Moved
16-4-2019 at 20:52
j_sum1
Administrator

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 20:54

Quote:
[Quote] Originally posted by fusso
Maybe aswell remove any irrelevant content and dump this.

Seems reasonable.

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 17-4-2019 at 02:30

Personally, I would ban him completely. Such a retard has no place on sciencemadness.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at http://www.oelen.net/science
j_sum1
Administrator

[*] posted on 17-4-2019 at 04:46

Ok. Done.

Go To Top