Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Preparation of 4-chloropyridine hydrochloride
hemant
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-2-2011 at 02:30
Preparation of 4-chloropyridine hydrochloride

I’m trying to synthesize 4-Chloropyridine hydrochloride via N-(4-Pyridyl)pyridinium chloride hydrochloride by passing dry hydrochloride gas, but I get very poor yield. I’ve performed these experiments at ambient to elevated temperature but not succeed.

I don’t want to go via diazotization of the 4-Aminopyridine.

If anyone have better option/process then please suggest.

Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
4-2-2011 at 07:59
Nicodem
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-2-2011 at 08:09

You can't seriously expect a useful answer if you don't even bother giving the reference for the reaction you are describing.
For alternative syntheses of 4-chloropyridine, I suggest you to first check the literature on the known syntheses, post a short review about what you found there and then you can expect others to give you any ideas, adaptations, improvements, suggestions or whatever. You don't even tell what reagents and equipment you have or can buy, so how can we guess what process is suitable to you?

PS: Please open referenceless threads only in the Beginnings section. Also, asking about 4-chloropyridine in your first post is not very wise. Total strangers asking about touchy compounds are doomed to raise suspicious and flaming replies.

Go To Top