Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Amateur chemist set off explosion near my home
peach
Bon Vivant

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-2-2011 at 20:26

Producing those things is not illegal. And there are many legitimate uses for them.

Producing explosives is illegal, and there are essentially no legitimate uses for them. No one on this board has a license to handle high explosives, and no one is using them for mining. You can not blur it into a spectrum with the people making things like SO3 to make sulphuric acid.

I would consider the quote I made above, from an actual thread starting post with 12 pages of replies in the energetics, asking for hand in hand guidance in producing illegal material for an illegal activity.

Other forums use this one as a reference. As for censorship, that kind of discussion would not be tolerated at that level if it were about drugs. Not only is it tolerated, it is given it's own forum.

a_bab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Angry !!!!!111111...2?!

[*] posted on 17-2-2011 at 02:16

There's quite a difference from producing some HE and loosing a finger in the process, or making meth (with a considerable risk of blowing up due to solvent vapors)

Generally speaking, when some poor soul makes the news with "booming" incident the whole story is seen rather lightly compared to a meth lab, unless it's a clear terrorism case, which is not 99% or more. The reason for that is the profile: young, reckless and ignorant. The 'net is filled with "recipes".

With dopes, it's a different matter for several reasons:
- we are dealing with a business. Government hates when someone eludes taxes
- there's an important (negative) impact concerning the population ("meth epidemic" documentary anyone?)
- it's seen as a very "unmoral" thing to do. Making money out of other's destroyed lives. I mean, meth is really bad. It can ruin lives and it mostly does. As most of the drugs do. Dope heads please shut up.

Also, I *somehow* have the impression that while this site is certainly monitored, all these HE experiments are nothing to what a blatant synth or a detailed guide of meth cooking, right in the "prepublication" section would attract.

To my sadness there many members here with a genuine attraction for stoning themselves. Members with a genuine interest in chemistry, and undoubtedly a good knowledge. Some may get trapped by the illusion of money made by their "skills". To me, this is pretty much like making an infernal device and selling it to someone you don't know, but knowing it will be put to a "proper" use. Highly immoral, and with a very high potential of landing your ass in jail for so many years you'll become a wreck.

I for one also started some 20 years ago with noisy experiments, but I grew up in the mean time. While I must confess I did some reckless things for sure, I still having and enjoying all my fingers. Thinking back, I never did such things as having an organic peroxide and a metal together, or lighting up a fuse stuck in a fuse sensitive mix in amounts enough to blow my head off. All this using common sense; there was no literature/Internet back then. These aforementioned cases are probably just natural selection acting I guess.

Drugs are really bad, and the energetics are pretty much covered anyway. Questions as "I'm gonna make some NG" should be deleted right away, but that's me.

I'm (still) reading this forum as there are some notable achievements for home chemistry such as SO3 synth, Pok's K metal, Len's well documented synths, Engager's exotic compounds starting from "sand and lye" and others. There are also the WiZ long citations I like as well. But it's all just intellectual masturbation if you wish, as due to some (new) factors in my life chances are I'll never be able to experiment (the last experiment was like 10 years ago anyway).

But apart from that, I feel like when I open the organics forum there are lots of questions related to dopes (albeit indirectly, but still). The HE section as noted is getting cluttered with the same stupid questions, again and again.

The last thing I'd like to see would be a dope section. I've seen enough already and my hypertension gets worse when I read stupid dope related statements, made by dope addicts.
Magic Muzzlet
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-2-2011 at 08:50

Drugs are not bad. It is up to the person who has "drugs" in their possession to use them wisely or not use them at all. There will always be motherfuckers making drugs of abuse solely for money, you can never take away the human nature of greed. There should not be a section for the synthesis of psychoactives, that would be stupid given this is an amateur science forum. What type of picture would that paint, anyway I don't really think that is what is being said here.
Explosives can be fun and exciting, just as some drugs can be. It is nearly the same thing, both are illegal but can be highly entertaining, and dangerous in large amounts.
I think by reading your post it's like when you think drugs, you think "dope" which I don't know maybe that means meth or heroin for you. There is a myriad of drugs that can be made that aren't illegal and can be fun, but aren't addictive and possibly have no interest to general public, other than psychedelic users which for the most part go about things in a smarter way than the standard meth head.
Blatant questions about making MDMA and related are usually removed unless they are discussed in a scientific manner, which is not very often. I believe blatant questions about any explosives should be treated the same way, it only makes sense.
Also, not all drugs have a purpose of stoning the user. I'm going to assume you are against drug use, based on your post, but there are many psychedelics that people use because it actually helps them in their lives. I use psychedelic drugs, and I would never have it any other way. They have shown me so much and changed me into a BETTER person.
Now, I guess I can only say that I think the energetics should be very tightly controlled, peoples questions showing that they only want to produce a bang should be removed promptly, likewise for those making any sort of drug with the sole intent of profit.
:D
hiperion42
Hazard to Self

Mood: overwhelmed

[*] posted on 18-2-2011 at 12:06

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
He's 25 years old and still living with mom. Can't expect much from this flavor of kule.

When the negative entropic effects of leveling out oil extraction
become more and more apparent increasing numbers of people
will return home or enter into new forms of living together.

.....ejuu....................................................................Ffg..............................g.............
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 18-2-2011 at 12:12

Quote: Originally posted by hiperion42  
... increasing numbers of people will return home or enter into new forms of living together.
Or maybe just get a job and a life of their own??
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 18-2-2011 at 14:05

Control freaks should turn their attention to the suns activity, recognizing
it has an output that is not fixed and constant so it should be regulated.
Given enough time they may find a way, but until then, for a good long while,
it should keep those ambitious children occupied and out of everyone elses hair ......

And if the time does come for the regulation of the sun to commence,
then adults should step in and say "sorry you can't do that without a
note from your mommy." :D
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top