Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New "MMO" Anode
FLchem10
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-2-2011 at 11:04
New "MMO" Anode

So I bought a titanium stretched covered MMO anode and when it got here first off there was a very small amount of powder from the anode in the mailing envelope but I hoped that was just the mail throwing it around....now there is about 7 layers of coating on it BUT it is a dark brown......I am a little concerned that it is now what the company said it was coated in Ruthenium but isnt that a silvery metal...... I got a huge amount of it so when I cut some off of it to make my anodes it did look like Ti under the MMO... Im just a little skeptical...

ALSO for the same company they sell these anodes that are TI coated in MMO but there a Ti tube with FINS all coated in MMO would these be really good??

Ill attach a pic of the finned anode... ( Ignore the copper inner tubing its just the pic for demo they have the one's Im talking about )

Plus they have everything Ti MMO coated you can think of....tubes, sheets, mesh, Platinum mesh, Wire MMO you name it and for WAY BETTER PRICE THAN IVE EVER SEEN....!!!
ElectroWin
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-3-2011 at 22:00

you were going to attach a pic?
White Yeti
National Hazard

Mood: delocalized

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 06:04

They don't coat the electrode in ruthenium metal, they coat it in ruthenium oxide, which would explain the brown colour.

Go To Top