Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Is it too much to ask to wear a mask?
Texium (zts16)
Administrator

Mood: Triturated

[*] posted on 26-10-2020 at 10:37

I don't see the point of you adding this addendum, J. Maybe Australians and Europeans tend to be less stupid on average than Americans. Maybe they're better about staying home when they're sick, and maintaining a real 6 ft social distance, and generally being hygienic. It doesn't matter what the differences are. Things are still bad here in the US and getting worse every day. The ICU at my university's hospital reached 99% capacity two days ago. It goes without saying that this is mostly covid patients, but this means that care is now strained and less readily available for all of the people who might need to be admitted to the ICU.

Hospitals are filling up and people are dying. Now is not the time to debate about how effective masks are. It's the time to put on your mask and stay at least 6 ft away from people whenever possible, because what do you possibly have to lose by wearing one? Nothing. Oh, you're a little bit uncomfortable breathing? Well you'll be a lot less comfortable when you're on a ventilator. Save the pointless philosophizing for when this is all over. Until then...

Wear a goddamn mask.

[Edited on 10-26-2020 by Texium (zts16)]

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
My YouTube Channel
My blog
(it doesn't like Chrome)
Texium (zts16)
Administrator
Thread Closed
26-10-2020 at 10:37
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top