Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2-Chlorophenyl cyclopentyl ketone via Grignard Reagent
xiangming660427
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-9-2022 at 19:40
2-Chlorophenyl cyclopentyl ketone via Grignard Reagent

Hi my friends.

Here I am trying the method posted in another post to make 2-Chlorophenyl cyclopentyl ketone.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=154038

Instead of synthesizing the Grignard reagent, I purchased it directly. After running all synthesis procedures, I extracted the mixture with Ethyl Acetate and then it turned out to be dark and sticky. And the yield was pretty low.

Could you provide any assistance?

WeChat Image_20220918113945.jpg - 161kB
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-10-2022 at 22:47

Quote: Originally posted by xiangming660427  
Hi my friends.

Here I am trying the method posted in another post to make 2-Chlorophenyl cyclopentyl ketone.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=154038

Instead of synthesizing the Grignard reagent, I purchased it directly. After running all synthesis procedures, I extracted the mixture with Ethyl Acetate and then it turned out to be dark and sticky. And the yield was pretty low.

Could you provide any assistance?

Can you give a little more details on how the procedure went? You said you purchased the Grignard reagent cyclopentylmagnesium bromide instead of making it yourself from cyclopentyl bromide and magnesium? From what I'm told, ready-made Grignard reagents are pretty sensitive and usually only purchased by labs who use them in large quantities. Can you share a link to where you got it from?

I haven't done this reaction, but I have been looking into it. Not sure I can help, but I'll try.

Go To Top