Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for Labconco Standard Service Fixture Kits
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-3-2023 at 22:05
Looking for Labconco Standard Service Fixture Kits

I recently purchased a 4" Labconco Fume hood (pics), and while it's not yet setup, Im still purchasing some of the required accessories for it (ducting, ventilation (explosion proof), service fixture kits, etc).

LabConco Service Fixture Kits

1. The hood already came with 2 service fixture kits, and I was able to purchase 2 more complete service fixture kits for $75 each ($200 after shipping both),
      Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.17.31 PM.png - 189kB

2. Then I was lucky enough to find some servicing kits, which include the brass valves and a few other components, but not the knobs, hose barbs or the copper tubing (the ladder of which is is easy to buy, though). For the knob and barb, I was going to try to 3D print them (if I get better with 3D design).
      But I would prefer to buy complete kits if possible.
      Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.18.12 PM.png - 226kB

Now, it seems that those were the only semi-affordable labconco accessory kit sets available on the internet ( or any of the other places).

Does anyone have any other sources for these full kits that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? I see them on ebay sometimes for $75-$100, which is a reasonable price since they rarely sell (unless someone like me tries to hog them all since they're so hard to find). But they also get listed for like $300 or $400, which is the OEM price. And the seller usually thinks thats an acceptable price since its new and OEM, regardless of the fact that it's very outdated and doesn't even fit any of the newer model Labconco fume hoods.

Here are a few overpriced examples

1. LabConco 9808500 Vacuum (VAC) Standard Service Fixture KitAttributes Applicable
    - The price there is $175.30, which is definitely pretty high. I paid $115 for one kit and even that was pretty high.

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 11.06.32 PM.png - 343kB

2. 9808300 Cold Water Standard Service Fixture Kit For Laboratory Hoods 4 Lb.
    - This one costs $661.03, which is well outside the range that anyone in their right mind would pay (unless you're working at a university or some fancy company - in which case, you would buy them directly from Labconco, not off of Ebay.)

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 11.21.24 PM.png - 290kB

3. Labconco 9809300 Nitrogen Standard Service Fixture Kit For Protector Premier, Or
    - Selling for $745.52, which is even more than the one above this.

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 11.22.32 PM.png - 243kB

========================

TL;DR
If anyone sees any of these kits (specifically a sterling cycle cryogenic cooler) for sale, please share with me. I don't see any on Ebay presently. But they could be listed in other sites that I'm not aware of.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for any weird formatting or weird data. I just got home from an obligatory Happy hour with the boss. So im a little tanked. <3

[Edited on 15-3-2023 by SuperOxide]

Go To Top