Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone have any Labconco service fixture kits for sale? Or know where to get some for reasonable prices?
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-3-2023 at 20:24
Anyone have any Labconco service fixture kits for sale? Or know where to get some for reasonable prices?

I have a Labconco fume hood, it came with 2 service fixtures on it, and I was able to get another off of Ebay for around $100, which is a great deal.

I'm hoping to get at least 1 or 2 more, but the ones I find are ridiculous prices (which is to be expected since they're usually purchased by universities or companies who have money to blow.)

Heres an example of a Nitrogen Standard Service Fixture Kit for $745.52!
Or the Cold Water Standard Service Fixture Kit for the low reasonable price of $661.03..

The cheapest I could find was from an ebay seller selling a Vacuum (VAC) Standard Service Fixture Kit selling for $200 shipped.

I think a reasonable price is more like $100, or $120, max. But they seem hard to find.

Does anyone have any they could sell? Or know where to get them? I've asked some places that resell used fume hoods, asking if they could part out the service fixture kits separately, and it's been a universal "no" thus far.

Luckily, I was able to purchase a few "service" kits, which are pretty similar to the accessory kits except that they don't come with the knob, hose barb or copper piping:

And you can compare what comes with a full service accessory kit by looking at this image:

So if I can't find a real full service accessory kit, I'll try to 3D print a few knobs and hose barbs and use those. That should work ok, I would just much prefer the real thing.. I just suck at 3D printing, lol.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
crow6283
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-3-2023 at 02:49

I have brought several old hoods to life, and added in extensive plumbing for the lot.

Gotta be honest, I’m never in a million years gonna but the real stuffs. Even the Chinese equivalent is way more expensive than brass fittings (from anywhere).

Finding what you are looking for specifically, maybe not Labconco, but for hoods is possible you just have to search for the right terms I will poke around on eBay later today and try and remember what to search for.

Probably one of the best examples of chemistry upcharging I’ve ever seen going.

I mean think about it that’s $700 for $1 worth of brass copper and plastic. Maybe $2.
crow6283
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-3-2023 at 02:54

Hey so if you broaden your search terms on eBay you will find a lot of odds and end. Like I just searched for “fume hood barb” and found several of the fittings that have the plastic knob and hose bar that just needs to be connected with a flare/compreession fitting to the copper line.

If you search for some other more vague terms like that you will get a lot of hits. Or just search for the type of hardware you are looking for you will find the exact same thing but for another industry for cheaper. Like if you search for “hose barb needle”.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-3-2023 at 13:33

Quote: Originally posted by crow6283  
Finding what you are looking for specifically, maybe not Labconco, but for hoods is possible you just have to search for the right terms I will poke around on eBay later today and try and remember what to search for.
Yeah, unfortunately I kinda want all of it to match. lol. I know it sounds silly, but having a nice fume hood with a bunch of different knobs/barbs would look a little silly.

Probably one of the best examples of chemistry upcharging I’ve ever seen going.

I mean think about it that’s $700 for $1 worth of brass copper and plastic. Maybe $2.
I couldn't agree more. It's crazy they can get away with up-charging so damn much.

Hey so if you broaden your search terms on eBay you will find a lot of odds and end. Like I just searched for “fume hood barb” and found several of the fittings that have the plastic knob and hose bar that just needs to be connected with a flare/compreession fitting to the copper line.

If you search for some other more vague terms like that you will get a lot of hits. Or just search for the type of hardware you are looking for you will find the exact same thing but for another industry for cheaper. Like if you search for “hose barb needle”.

Yeah I did. I came across a few similar items, not not the same ones (example here).

If it comes down to it, I can either cast one of the knobs I already have or even just 3D print it. That will probably work out perfectly fine. Then I can upload it for free so anyone can use it :)

Go To Top