Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Reliable Chemical Suppliers 2023
TopherF
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-6-2023 at 20:39
Reliable Chemical Suppliers 2023

Hey guys this is my first post here! I'm fairly new to amateur chemistry and I don't know many reliable chemical suppliers. I was wondering if this one company in particular, Lab Pro Inc, is good. If anyone has experience with this vendor let me know. They seem to have a wide variety of reagents and it would be great if they are a known vendor.

https://labproinc.com/
Keras
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2023 at 22:26

First off, it would help to know what part of the globe you’re from.
charley1957
Hazard to Others

Mood: Extracted

[*] posted on 27-6-2023 at 11:19

They look like a reputable vendor. But if you’re on a budget like most of us here, you can do much better elsewhere. For example, labproinc.com had one pound of potassium iodide powder, ACS, for over $300. Amazon’s price for the same thing is a third of that price for more than twice the amount. Amazon, Aliexpress, eBay, just look around and compare prices, amounts and purity.

You can’t claim you drank all day if you didn’t start early in the morning.
Lionel Spanner
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2023 at 13:39

With those kind of prices, it'd be cheaper to buy from Ligma Aldrich.

Industrial chemist rediscovering the practical pleasures of pure chemistry.
Sometimes I make videos - https://www.youtube.com/@yorkshirechemist
Admagistr
Hazard to Others

Mood: The dreaming alchemist

[*] posted on 27-6-2023 at 15:26

Quote: Originally posted by charley1957  
They look like a reputable vendor. But if you’re on a budget like most of us here, you can do much better elsewhere. For example, labproinc.com had one pound of potassium iodide powder, ACS, for over $300. Amazon’s price for the same thing is a third of that price for more than twice the amount. Amazon, Aliexpress, eBay, just look around and compare prices, amounts and purity.

Recently an Australian friend here from the Forum wrote me that he was cheated on Aliexpress, instead of MoO3 they sent him probably worthless limestone, so beware of such cheap but desperate shopping...
Texium
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 28-6-2023 at 13:49

Looks way overpriced.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 28-6-2023 at 23:17

eBay is usually my goto, and I have acquired quite a few "oddball" reagents from scimad members downsizing/going to college etc, also chemship, Not one bad experience so far.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

charley1957
Hazard to Others

Mood: Extracted

[*] posted on 29-6-2023 at 04:16

I was looking at Etsy yesterday and they appear to have a decent selection of common chemicals.

You can’t claim you drank all day if you didn’t start early in the morning.
KoiosPhoebus
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-7-2023 at 16:50

Quote: Originally posted by Admagistr  
Quote: Originally posted by charley1957  

Recently an Australian friend here from the Forum wrote me that he was cheated on Aliexpress, instead of MoO3 they sent him probably worthless limestone, so beware of such cheap but desperate shopping...

Hilariously, the exact same thing has happened to me. I took a pile of videos showing that it wasn't behaving as expected (not dissolving in KOH or ammonia, effervescence in acid, no colour change in the presence of phosphate), and the seller promised me they'd look into it and send me a new pile.

Well, they actually did, and they even took photos of the yellow powder they were going to send me beforehand. I have absolutely no idea what they sent me, though - it's not soluble in anything (water, KOH, acid, ethanol, acetone) and it's non-reactive. I suspect that the seller themselves were getting scammed and/or there was a translation issue at some point as they were otherwise reasonably reliable. After all, some corners have to be cut to offer chemicals at that price.
ChemGlass
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-7-2023 at 04:25

I run a small chemical supply company in the US. I have an Etsy shop with many hard to find chemicals and my website, synthetikachemicals.com, also has hard to find reagents. Both are in progress of adding another 20 chemicals. Etsy has a couple extra chemicals that aren't on my website yet.

Also, Lab Pro only sells to businesses I believe. Haven't opened an account with them because they're pretty overpriced it looks like.

Go To Top