Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Border Force Raid, Sydney, Australia
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 17-8-2023 at 18:58
Border Force Raid, Sydney, Australia

Here is a news article about a house that was raided off the back of the Australian Border Force tracking illicit substances entering the country.
Hopefully this isn't an unsuspecting home hobbyist with no ill intentions.
Timely reminder to make sure you know your local regulations relating to what you can and can not posses or import.
j_sum1
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 17-8-2023 at 19:21

It is clear that the reporter has no real science knowledge. Nothing particularly wrong, but nothing that offers any sense of proportion.

I suspect the police and other officials are the same. It is probably hazmat suits for a couple of element samples or geology samples or art-deco glass.

Still, this kind of thing is annoying. You can know that you are not doing anything dangerous or illegal but you never have the confidence that you will come out OK if the authorities step in for any reason.
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 17-8-2023 at 20:35

Agreed the reporters do not understand the issue, which is a shame because the Guardian has decent scientific reporters. In one of the articles I read I am pretty sure they confirmed that the individual had a uranium sample among other things. Interestingly they have just said that no charges will be laid.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
5-12-2023 at 13:37

Go To Top