Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Off-topic conjecture split from "A foray into phenethylamines of the Shulgin kind"
Quieraña
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-12-2023 at 15:35
Off-topic conjecture split from "A foray into phenethylamines of the Shulgin kind"

Did anyone know that there is a triacetoxybenzaldehyde? I wonder what THAT endproduct would be like!
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 12-12-2023 at 04:09

Don't you think that will just hydrolyze into the phenolate?
Quieraña
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-12-2023 at 14:19

My inexperience doesn't assume this. I'd hate for you to be correct, merely because more variety sounds better. I also stumbled onto mercaptobenzaldehyde, which may go the 2-CT route, but idk enough at this time due to only reading, dreaming, remembering, and sighing.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 12-12-2023 at 15:19

Phenyl esters are rather unstable. In particular, phenyl ester derivatives of cannabinoids and opioids are known to be deacylated in the body. In this case, the corresponding hydroxyphenethylamines are known to be rather neurotoxic in some cases, making them undesirable byproducts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxidopamine

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
Quieraña
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-12-2023 at 08:50

All I know is, I hunched that these benzaldehydes existed, so I Google them, and they do. Btw so does methyldioxyephedrine, but I don't know what one could use that for. I suppose down the road there will be antidepressants that are also antihistamines. Thorazine was being made and sold as an antihistamine and was found to have other use at different dosages. Cyclobenzaprine also the same thing (a tricyclic antidepressant that in low dosage is a muscle relaxer). Sorry to veer off subject. If the truacetoxy component stays after the henry reaction, that is after the substance is a nitrostyrene, perhaps it will keep to its moiety..
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 13-12-2023 at 10:33

Of course they exist. Virtually any compound that doesn't contain any impossible bonds can exist. From all of your posts, Quieraña, it sounds like you have not made any earnest effort to study and understand organic chemistry, and instead you make conjectures based on patterns you see but don't understand, combined with pure wishful thinking. I'm splitting this off but leaving the thread open (for now).

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
13-12-2023 at 10:34

Go To Top