Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: URGENT - To Vesp
Antigua
Hazard to Others

sad.gif posted on 9-2-2024 at 02:31
URGENT - To Vesp

Hi,
during the fight with bots by mistake (IP ban that is interpreted incorrectly due to the privacy policy of the forum) all users have been banned from the Vespiary. No accounts or posts of course have been removed.

To fix this screw-up the admin (Vesp) has to remove the ban trigger on IP 127.0.0.1.

I'm sorry for this mess up, the idea was to ban the spamming bots and by mistake I banned everyone, myself included!

If anyone has direct contact to Vesp, please forward this to him.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 04:45

No contact with Vesp, but I understand the frustration with bots. They can be the worst and are only getting smarter with AI.

So you banned everyone? lol

That's one way to handle it. :cool:

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious." - Dieter Rams
ItalianChemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 04:48

Is it on Discord?
You can use bots against bots :D
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 05:48

Ha! And here I thought I had finally bored everyone to death

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 06:13

......this is the message i get , trying to log in at the vespiary....

Sorry java, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

.....and i was just about to get bored!.....solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 06:54

Quote: Originally posted by Loptr  
No contact with Vesp, but I understand the frustration with bots. They can be the worst and are only getting smarter with AI.

So you banned everyone? lol

That's one way to handle it. :cool:

The mistake is a result of how the software handles IP adresses. I wanted to IP ban the bots, since there were tens of accounts from the same IP, but after adding the ban trigger, the software changed the banned IP from the bots' IP to the forum's IP.

That happened because for the sake of privacy, all users have the same viewable IP of 127.0.0.1, this is a relic from the times when you could locate someone based on their IP.

So in effect immediately after adding the ban trigger, I got kicked out of my account as well and can't log in. Apparently moderators can ban themselves and there isn't any safeguard against this happening. I'm only praying that Vesp isn't banned so he can clean up that mess I made!

At least during the downtime, no bots will be spamming, ahahaha! Evil plan complete.

[Edited on 9-2-2024 by Antigua]
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 07:15

Quote: Originally posted by Antigua  

At least during the downtime, no bots will be spamming.

What downtime? The forum isn't down right? Just no one can access it.

Quote: Originally posted by Antigua  

I'm only praying that Vesp isn't banned so he can clean up that mess I made!

I will help you pray, but I don't think Vesp will be spared. Hopefully he can do something in the backend.
Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 08:06

Yeah technically it's not down. Apparently it's not the first time someone made this mistake.
There's a thread on Simple Machines Forum regarding that: https://simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522962.... with the fix.
Also here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=549...

Even without access to his account Vesp can remove the ban trigger.
But it makes me so mad that I made such a rookie mistake! Traps are waiting in old software for people like me :(.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 09:00

Vesp should be able to log into the database and make the change on the backend.

Honestly, this isn't really a problem assuming Vesp has the technical knowledge. It should be a minor change.

Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 11:09

I know, just joking. Now just hope Vesp shows up any time soon!

@Antigua: it sucks to be the one to make the mistake, but don't worry too much. Mistakes like this will be made by rookies and seniors. It is not your mistake, it is the software's. It is just poorly designed

[Edited on 9-2-2024 by Tsjerk]
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-2-2024 at 11:28

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
I know, just joking. Now just hope Vesp shows up any time soon!

@Antigua: it sucks to be the one to make the mistake, but don't worry too much. Mistakes like this will be made by rookies and seniors. It is not your mistake, it is the software's. It is just poorly designed

[Edited on 9-2-2024 by Tsjerk]

Yeah, no worries about this. It happens.

If I had a nickel for every time I caused an issue in a live software deployment...

[Edited on 9-2-2024 by Loptr]

Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-2-2024 at 06:04

Bumping this in case Vesp didn't see the post.
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-2-2024 at 07:44

......meanwhile back at the nest , Org was loking for this....solo

Chiral Ligand-Exchange Chromatography of Pharmaceutical Compounds on Dynamically Coated (Home-Made) Stationary Phases
Maurizio Remelli
Curr Med Chem
2017;24(8):818-828.
doi: 10.2174/0929867323666160627121629.

Abstract
It is well known for several decades that the two enantiomeric forms of a chiral compound can have very different effects on the human body. For this reason the synthesis or extraction from a natural source of a potential new drug, as well as its marketing, require a careful control of its optical purity. Chromatographic techniques can respond extremely well to this need, both in the analytical and in the preparative field. Among the several methods developed for this purpose, one of the first and of the most effective is the Chiral Ligand-Exchange Chromatography, which is based on the stability difference between the metallic diastereomeric complexes containing one or the other of the two enantiomers to be separated and a suitable chiral selector. This method has been effectively used for resolving racemic mixtures of products of biomedical and/or pharmacological interest, such as α - and β-amino acids either proteinogenic or non-proteinogenic, oligopeptides, amino alcohols or β-blockers. All these substances are linked together by their ability to bind metal ions, the most widely used of which is Cu(II). The chiral selector can be a component of either the mobile or the stationary phase, to which it can be either chemically bonded or dynamically adsorbed. The latter method has several advantages of convenience and, above all, cheapness. The preparation of dynamically-coated chiral stationary phases for Ligand-Exchange Chromatography has produced a large number of applications, the main of which, both in TLC and in HPLC, are reviewed below.

Keywords: Chiral chromatography; dynamic coating; enantiomer resolution; high performance liquid chromatography; impregnating chiral agent; ligand-exchange; thin layer chromatography.

Attachment: phpEgrhmm (1.3MB)
This file has been downloaded 66 times

[Edited on 10-2-2024 by solo]

Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 10-2-2024 at 21:50

Oh! Great! Thanks a lot!

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2024 at 06:57

....there is work to be done , so .....java

Chlorination of Acetaldehyde
WILLIAM T. CAVE
INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
September 1953

Conclusions
In the chlorination of acetaldehyde or paraldehyde in the presence of water it is possible to exceed 90% conversion to a,a- dichloroaldehyde or a,a,a-trichloroaldehyde. The main com- peting reaction appears to involve the condensation in the pres- ence of hydrochloric acid of a molecule of acetaldehyde with a molecule of monochloroaldehyde and produces finally a,a,p-tri- chlorobutyraldehyde.

Another side reaction involves the oxidation,through the agency of hypochlorous acid.of the aldehydes to the corresponding acetic acid, dichIoroacetic acid, and trichloro- acetic acid. Both types of aide reaction can be controlled through proper arrangement of temperature and conditions pertaining to the introduction of chlorine. The chlorination can be carried batchwise, but ismost efficiently managed on a semicontinuous or completely continuous basis.

Attachment: Chlorination of Acetaldehyde.pdf (477kB)
This file has been downloaded 61 times

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2024 at 09:28

.....an interesting method to nitrate leaving behind H2SO4/HNO3...nasties...java

Trichloroisocyanuric acid and NaNO2 mediated nitration of indoles under acid‐free and Vilsmeier–Haack conditions: synthesis and kinetic study
D. Govardhan1 · M. Bhooshan1 ·
SN Applied Sciences
(2019) 1:1004 |
https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-1023-1

Abstracts
This study deals with the synthetic and kinetic aspects of trichloroisocyanuric acid (TCCA) and NaNO2 mediated nitration of indoles in aqueous acetonitrile media under acid-free and Vilsmeier–Haack conditions (using N,N′-dimethyl amides) conditions. Nitration of indoles revealed second order kinetics, with a first order dependence on [indole] and [nitrat- ing agent] ([TCCA]/[NaNO2], [(TCCA–DMF)]/[NaNO2] or [(TCCA–DMA)]/[NaNO2], in which [NaNO2] far excess over other reagents). Reactions followed overall second order kinetics with first order in [reagent] and [indole] under the experi- mental conditions. Isokinetic temperature (β) values were obtained from Leffler’s equation for different kinetic protocols (β = 303 K (TCCA–NaNO2); 303 K (TCCA–DMF)/NaNO2; and 244 K (TCCA–DMA)/NaNO2). These values are the experimen- tal temperature range (303–323 K) indicating that the entropy factors are probably more important in controlling the reaction.

Keywords Nitration kinetics · Trichloroisocyanuric acid (TCCA) · N,N′ dimethyl formamide (DMF) · N,N′ dimethyl acetamide (DMA) · (TCCA–DMF) and (TCCA–DMA) adducts · Indoles · NaNO2

Attachment: phpr4TxsO (1.2MB)
This file has been downloaded 63 times

[Edited on 11-2-2024 by solo]

Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 02:22

Bumping again, forum still down.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 06:26

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7304568/

Describes the direct reaction of hydroxylamine with esters catalyzed by strong base, particularly the reaction with methyl esters in the presence of methoxide in methanol (Scheme 2). The K2CO3/MeOH system is not used though it seems similar enough (NH2OK in MeOH is used). Yields vary with the substrate, rxn usually at low temperatures for long time. It seems plausible that the hydroxylamine anion is the active species.

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 07:36

CXL.-The Action of Nitrous Acid on Amino compounds. Part I . Methylamine and Ammonia.
THOMAS WESTON, JOHNS TAYLO
Journal of the Chemical Society (RESUMED)
1928, issue 0, pg.1099

Summary
The results obtained may have one of two meanings. Either the reaction involves the two ions and a molecule of nitrous acid, or, since the concentration of any form of undissociated amine nitrite is proportional to the product of the concentrations of its ions, the actual reacting molecules may be undissociated molecules of amine nitrite and those of nitrous acid. The results suggest that the best conditions for converting an aliphatic amine into the alcohol are to use large excess of nitrous acid and to avoid the presence of mineral acids in the solution.

Attachment: CXL.-The Action of Nitrous Acid on Amino-corn- pounds. Part I . Methylamine and Ammonia..pdf (448kB)
This file has been downloaded 53 times

[Edited on 13-2-2024 by solo]

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 07:43

.....this is becoming a sort of an in-kind home while the vesp comes back on line...remember no drug discussion as not to offend our host.....java

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 10:41

Asymmetric Zinc Catalysis in Green One-Pot Processes
Hélène Pellissier
Current Organic Chemistry
2021, 25,
10.2174/1385272825666210216123607 .

Abstract:
This review collects for the first time enantioselective one-pot processes promoted by green chiral zinc catalysts. It illustrates how much these cheap, non-toxic and environmen- tally benign catalysts allow unprecedented asymmetric domino and tandem reactions of many types to be achieved, allowing direct access to a wide variety of very complex chiral mole- cules.

Keywords:]/i
Asymmetric one-pot reactions; asymmetric domino reactions; asymmetric tandem reactions; asymmetric zinc catalysis; metal catalysis; chirality.

Attachment: Asymmetric Zinc Catalysis in Green One-Pot Processes.pdf (609kB)
This file has been downloaded 56 times

[Edited on 13-2-2024 by solo]

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 12:06

Quote: Originally posted by solo  
...remember no drug discussion as not to offend our host.....java
It's not like our standards are that puritanical.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 13:14

Beckmann rearrangement catalysis: A Review of Recent advances
Kamalpreet Kaura and Suman Srivastav
New journal of chemistry
2020, pg 1-107
DOI: 10.1039/D0NJ02034F.

Conclusion
Beckmann rearrangement has become a growing and active research area for transformation of oxime to amide which is important for natural products and pharmaceuticals as well as synthesis of ε-caprolactam. In this review various catalytic approaches for the Beckmann rearrangement has been summarized since the last 20 years. As well this review aims to be a comprehensive, authoritative, critical, and accessible review of general interest to the chemistry community because the topical review offers an overview of a diverse range of catalytic approaches in different medium for Beckmann rearrangement.

Organization of the data follows a subdivision methodologies such as ionic liquids, under solvent free condition and microwave irradiation. according to catalyst nature: from harsh acid catalytic approaches to greener approach for the Beckmann rearrangement. Special attention is resquite in rapidly developing greener
Along with ionic liquids polar solvent such as water and methanol also act as good solvent towards conversion of oxime to their respective lactams. Further, its due our responsibility to ensure that scientists cite reliable work and these methods will provides alternative mode in future for industrial synthesis of paracetamol, synthesis of polymer and anilide through green approach and under mild conditions form future prospect. Fortunately, advanced catalytic methods for oxime to amide transformation suggest that we are on the path of establishment.

Attachment: Beckmann rearrangement catalysis- a review of recent advances.pdf (6.2MB)
This file has been downloaded 59 times

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 13:44

The Synthesis and Applications of Dibromoisocyanuric Acid (DBI) in Chemical Reactions
Sara TAŞKESENLİOĞLU
Eastern Anatolian Journal of Science
Volume VII, Issue I, 2021, 30-34

Abstract
organic synthesis as starting compounds. Bromination is one of the most important transformations in organic synthesis and can be carried out using molecular bromine or bromine carrying agents.
Dibromoisocyanuric acid (DBI)
can bring about oxidations in organic molecules. In this mini review the synthesis methods of DBI and its excellent roles in synthetic organic
chemistry reported.

Keywords: Dibromoisocyanuric acid, bromination, oxidation.

Attachment: The Synthesis and Applications of Dibromoisocyanuric Acid (DBI) in Chemical Reactions.pdf (394kB)
This file has been downloaded 54 times

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2024 at 13:54

Tribromoisocyanuric acid as a green reagent for benzylic bromination of alkylarenes
Leonardo S. de Almeida
Tetrahedron Letters
xxx (2015) xxx–xxx

Abstract
The reaction of diverse alkylarenes with tribromoisocyanuric acid (0.34 mol equiv) in reflux EtOAc in the absence of any catalysts or light irradiation produced the corresponding benzyl bromides in 53–88% yield

Attachment: Tribromoisocyanuric Acid- A Green and Versatile Reagent.pdf (731kB)
This file has been downloaded 59 times

Pages:  1  

Go To Top