Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Amazon selling primary explosives
Sir_Gawain
Hazard to Others

Mood: Yes.

[*] posted on 8-3-2024 at 11:54
Amazon selling primary explosives

I was searching for methyl ethyl ketone and found this:https://www.amazon.com/Mek-Peroxide-Catalyst-60cc-Clear/dp/B...
How is this legal?!

“Alchemy is trying to turn things yellow; chemistry is trying to avoid things turning yellow.” -Tom deP.
OneEyedPyro
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-3-2024 at 12:46

Quote: Originally posted by Sir_Gawain  
I was searching for methyl ethyl ketone and found this:https://www.amazon.com/Mek-Peroxide-Catalyst-60cc-Clear/dp/B...
How is this legal?!

It's diluted to the point of being completely safe. Exceptions are made within reason for many products that contain EMs, poisons or otherwise dangerous substances due to their necessity for legitimate purposes.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 8-3-2024 at 13:05
Another example

This is not unusual. I had worked for an ice cream plant and sanitation is extremely
strict. We had a mixture containing 15% peracetic acid for that purpose. That acid in
pure form is explosive. The hazmat rating was 5.2(oxidizers - peroxide). No danger but
the whole place smelled like vinegar. In addition to the acid there was 15% hydrogen
peroxide and octanoic acid mixed in as well. Purify that combo and we might end up with
a witch's mix.

P.S. If I thought I could've gotten away with it I'd have taken some home for testing you
know me being an ultra curious EM type. HA ! HA ! HA ! HA !

[Edited on 2024/3/8 by MadHatter]

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Go To Top