Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Poll: AROchem
Without any password. --- 6 (27.27%)
All can see but only user of the group can post. --- 12 (54.55%)
Completly protected with password. --- 4 (18.18%)

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: AROchem
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 25-6-2011 at 02:02
AROchem

I would say, stick to ScienceMadness. What can be useful though is reoganizing some of the more interesting threads (such as the potassium thread), but that is another thing than creating a new forum.

If you really want to continue with this project, then there is an intermediate solution as well. Allow the project to be fully accessible in readonly mode, so everyone can read the interesting things which are going on and project participants have read/write access.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 25-6-2011 at 10:17
AROchem , public or no?

I made this post to see wath SienceMadness user want.

Please take note that we dont want AROchem to be an different antity of ScienceMadness , if it is possible we think that it could be an part of ScienceMadness.

thanks

[Edited on 25-6-2011 by plante1999]

I never asked for this.
bbartlog
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-6-2011 at 08:54

Voted (for option 2, 'read-only'). Frankly I hardly see the point of the other two options (in the context of a poll) - if you want a fully open working group thread you can already establish a topic here, whereas if you want a fully private working group thread then it's more a matter of sending U2Us to the people who might be interested than polling everyone as to whether they want to not be able to see the information (of course most people would vote no to being excluded!).
plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 26-6-2011 at 11:30

With the opignon of user of SM We have desside that everyone can see but only the member of the group can post.

This forum is not for concurence to ScienceMadness , we think it could be a great ad to ScienceMadness , So only research related post will be accepted , if you want to post a question like : How can I make iron oxide , you should poss it on sciencemadness. Also you should be a SM user to participe in a group. The change will be finished this week. We think that a research center online could be a great idee , exemple : the tread ''Synthesis of longer chain tertiary alcohols'' could be a reseach.

Take note that if you want to leave a group of research , you just need to said it to the moderator of the group of research.

thanks

I never asked for this.
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Threads Merged
26-6-2011 at 12:48
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 26-6-2011 at 23:02

I may have a few subjects for research (trying to find out the chemistry behind some remarkable reactions which can be done with common compounds), but when we talk about research then I mean real research. Not just speculation. Research is studying other's data, doing experiments to confirm (or falsify) other's results, trying to extend the results and trying to explain/understand the results. Sometimes this can be tedious when many possibilities have to be checked and sometimes one just gets stuck and no conclusive answers can be found. This is all part of the game. True research is a matter of persistence!

One thing which may hinder any amateur research is the lack of certain apparatus (e.g. for obtaining spectra). On the other hand, 19th century chemists also have done great discoveries and they only had non-electronic equipment (mostly glassware and sometimes they contrived most amazing constructions) and a good and clear brain capable of creativeness and logical reasoning.

[Edited on 27-6-11 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 27-6-2011 at 07:19

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
I would say, stick to ScienceMadness. What can be useful though is reoganizing some of the more interesting threads (such as the potassium thread), but that is another thing than creating a new forum.

+1
I really don't see what it would accomplish especially in the short-run. Over time, the responsibility of a great deal of organization would eventually fall to someone.

[Edited on 27-6-2011 by quicksilver]

symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 17:48

if it did not have a password wouldn't it be more vulnerable to spam.

Go To Top