Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2 vacuum pumps up for sale
GreenD
National Hazard

Mood: Not really high anymore

[*] posted on 25-6-2011 at 14:40
2 vacuum pumps up for sale

Hey guys and gal,

I've got two vacuum pumps, I'd like to sell just one of them.

One is repaired (wasn't working). It has no oil in it so I don't want to plug it in to see if it is functional, but I know I fixed the original problem being that the inside had a small piece of rust lodged in part of the rotor, effectively stopping the entire motor. I cleaned out the inside, it is not in pristine condition, but I am sure it would last a good chemist years if taken care of in the proper fashion!

Here are the details of the repaired model:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Alcatel-2002BB-Rotary-Vane-Vacuum-Pump-2...

The second vacuum pump turns on, works, and would be a bit more pricey. It is a Boekel Hyvac:

http://www.vacuum-pumps.us/store/Hyvac-Products/HyVac-30L.ht...

If anyone is interested, shoot me an offer. The prices on the pages are not intended for my sales, just info. I would be looking to sell the repaired vacuum pump for around 250$ (you buy oil!), whereas the tested and working one would be more, but I don't know how much.

If nobody wants them here I'll list them elsewhere.
GreenD
National Hazard

[*] posted on 28-6-2011 at 18:26

someone's gotta need a vacuum pump :P
LanthanumK
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 02:52

I'm not sure what most amateur chemists will need it for. Maybe people who work with cathode ray tubes or discharges, but not people mixing solutions or igniting powders.

hibernating...
piracetam
Hazard to Self

Mood: copacetic

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 04:34

they're useful for rotary evaporation (especially with a dry ice condenser), and desiccation

[Edited on 29-6-2011 by piracetam]
hkparker
National Hazard

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 08:27

not to mention making vacuum filtration easy. I'd love to get one but I simply cannot afford it right now.

My YouTube Channel

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true if it be consistent with the laws of nature." -Michael Faraday
barley81
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 14:31

Vacuum distillation, dessication, demos (feather drop, expansion of marshmallows, ringing bell). Not to mention lots of other fun stuff :)
GreenD
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 08:28

I dropped the price of the fixed vacuum pump to 200. I put oil in it and it works, its quite loud, not sure if its normal loud or not, but does not get exceedingly hot upon 15 minutes, so I'm assuming it is GOOD TO GO!

The second one is 350$. It is quiet and very nice. Was used for some kind of medical lab...

I also have 100mL of socl2 that I would like to get rid of. But now I'm conflicted on this stuff. Its illegal to sell without a license and what not? I don't know what the price of that would be...

anyways if anyone wants to take any of these off my hands, please do! I've got a new house bill to pay for.
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 16-7-2011 at 05:17

I have one of those pumps in the photo, so I don't need another with shipping all the way from the US, but I can say they are great for home chemists, as they're nice and small so they can go in cupboards and be moved easily. The flow rate is easily quick enough to evacuate glassware in seconds. I think IRC has one of those as well.

I wouldn't use one for boiling solvents off (it'd have to be at least dry ice in the trap to stop the solvent going straight through the condenser to the pump), but they are needed for distilling things with high boiling points.

[Edited on 16-7-2011 by peach]

Go To Top