Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: The TRUTH about Elemental Scientific...
Fossil
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-10-2012 at 15:37

I just received my order today, and was quite disappointed.
Many of the chemicals I ordered were not shipped as well as some glassware. Many of the items that did arrive were sub-par and damaged. The customs fee was astronomical, 91$ for a 215$ order, not to mention the 50$ shipping. I will never order from them again, the shipping was ridiculously slow, 2 months, and the customer service is lamentable. I'll stick to buying locally, where the prices are a little higher but the overall cost much lower.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 11-10-2012 at 17:03

Really? They probably have your stuff on backorder, and if the items are seriously damaged, you can probably contact them about it. They are NOT a big business, with hundreds of people to ensure quality. They're about 4 people. Cut them some slack, they seriously do have great stuff for great prices.
(If you could buy locally, why did you bother with the high shipping charge when you could calculate shipping on their website? Why didn't you just buy locally in the first place?)

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
Fossil
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-10-2012 at 17:27

The 91$ took me by surprise. It was the first time I had ever been charged on top of the shipping+items. They had not told me anything about it.

I decided to try them because they sell smaller quantities, and I had heard good things about them.

I just received the order today and will contact them tomorrow about the missing/damaged items. Hopefully it goes well. Even then though, I don't want to pay huge fees again, so I will try to buy everything I can locally, even if it means higher prices.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top