Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MICROSCOPE CAMERAS
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 16-7-2011 at 13:46
MICROSCOPE CAMERAS

If anyone has any recommendations on digital Microscope Cameras, I am very interested in your opinions.

I have gone through several "budget" ($100-200) units and been dissatisfied with them for various reasons. I don't need (nor want to pay for a 12 megapixel camera and obviously I don't need infra-red, UV, or video. I simply have been disappointed in the quality of many of the "add-on" units to existing microscopes but I know that whole unit will start in the $500-$1000 range and it's just too much money.
I need something that can cope with back-lit crystals & can get accurate natural coloration. I have several microscopes & eye-pieces from 25-29mm so adapter units are ideal. I know a decent unit must be available for about $200.
My preference is for quality of mfg over resolution or capacity.
I appreciate any suggestions; thanks.

IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 16-7-2011 at 14:11

If you own a decent digital that takes screw on filters machine an adapter with the correct lens set in it to mate to your microscope. Then you have quality on a budget. Every possible optic you can think of, cheap surplus yet quality, I find here:

http://www.surplusshed.com/

You can build your own lens assembly into the adapter to properly run the camera in macro and take pro pictures.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 17-7-2011 at 06:23

Thanks; I'll give it a go and see how well I could make a "DIY". I've thought about this previously but the link helps clean up some issues.

franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-7-2011 at 06:51

" I have gone through several "budget" ($100-200) units and been dissatisfied with them for various reasons. "

Dissatisfied how ?
I entered " miroscope camera " in Ebay search and this is the first hit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=19051...

what more could you want.

Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 09:04

How about DIY cameras from web camera i tryed it with soviet LOMO microscope but without objective my web camera was black and white.

Picture 2.jpg - 127kB
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 09:08

I don't know what quality your looking for but many pictures can be taken using a childs toy known as an eye clopes. Its a 400x microscope that lights the sample and plugs into your TV where you can snap a picture if needed. Not exactly professional but still kind of cool when you really need it.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 14:03

I use a microsoft hd cinima web cam that i made a bushing for on my lathe and mount it on my trinocular eye piece it works good and only costs about 80$ and i still use it as a web cam
Vogelzang
Banned

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 16:27

I got an Amscope DM130 which I've used with a Bausch & Lomb stereo microscope
(discussed here http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=17011 )
I can't get the DM130 working with Windows 2000 (faster than XP on some computers) even though some Ebay web pages claim its compatible with Win 2k. The Amscope software is unreliable, both on the CD that came with it and what I downloaded. After I installed Digital Viewer software that comes with the Carson zoom microscope I got, the DM130 seems to work better. I usually use the Digital Viewer software with the DM130. The Carson microscope is lower quality, too. When installing the Digital Viewer software, the Carson microscope has to be plugged into a USB port for it to install.

[Edited on 21-8-2011 by Vogelzang]
bob800
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-5-2012 at 16:27
Microscope Dilemma...

I'm also developing an interest in photomicroscopy; however, I can't figure out what configuration will work best. I could utilize the following cameras:

-Canon Powershot G9 (due to zoom ratio, $400 dedicated adapter is necessary, not really an option)
-Canon Rebel Xti (cheaper adapter but lacks live view option)

My microscope has only a single eyepiece, so I would have to look through the viewfinder of the Rebel Xti in order to see anything... Does anyone have experience with a setup like this? Is it even practical without a live-view function?

A dedicated microscope camera would serve as a nice alternative, yet I can't find any decent ones for under ~$250. (Amscope looks appealing, but has lost my respect: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/25379-amscope/page__view_...) If anyone knows of better cameras (under $250), I would greatly appreciate suggestions.
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-5-2012 at 04:07

http://www.microscopenet.com/
Check out this website I bought a microscope and other things they have good prices and you can call the guys and talk to them.
It is in Kitchner Ontariio.

Go To Top