Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Precipitation of zirconium ferrite crystals
oldswordfighter
Harmless

Mood: Drunken outrage!

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 23:02
Precipitation of zirconium ferrite crystals

I saw references to precipitating small crystals from zirconium oxide and iron in an article on powering medical nanobots. I am experimenting on the relationship of light and electricity and zirconium ferrite crystals have photoelectric properties and atomic structures that are ideal for my purposes.

My simple question here is what is the safest way to do this? I would use hundred year old techniques involving acids and a kiln. Probably a better way exists. Perhaps a dilute solution with electrodes. I see other similar questions being answered here...

I tried post this question elsewhere but got flamed off the thread for expressing an interest in photoelectric/peizeolctric crystal compounds. So I wont describe my experiment but I figured This section might have some one willing to assist me with this simple question. This is the section for asking questions about making simple chemicals after all.

PS. The reference to pillaging the qliphoth as location is a JOKE folks... Though it seemed to offend some people on the other forum.

[Edited on 5-8-2011 by oldswordfighter]

[Edited on 5-8-2011 by oldswordfighter]

Get through it. Get past it. Get over it. Get on with it.
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 23:57

While you could play with aging a solution of the nitrates and hydrazine I don't think it's all that safe. Also do not see why you would use acids in a kiln when it would seem a kiln method should work using iron and zirconium oxides, plentiful, cheap, and much safer than either acids or precipitation schemes. Not a lot of data out there on this chemical but if I were going for a spinel structure I would mix zirconium oxide and iron oxide and blast the crap out of it in a kiln.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
oldswordfighter
Harmless

Mood: Drunken outrage!

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 00:52

Thank you... The website describing the crystals refferred to the crystals as being "precipitated" which I know virtually nothing of. Mettalurgy I can handle. Would you use an inert gas as an oxygen shield?

Get through it. Get past it. Get over it. Get on with it.
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 06:24

As I said information is not very easy to find on this subject other than the pay for PDF sites. You did not provide a link so there is no way to research what you are looking at.

However mere common sense dictates yes would be the answer to your gas question assuming it was required. You will have trouble getting help by being cryptic and providing insufficient information.

Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 06:38

I imagine he's being cryptic because he was flamed out of a thread by yeti and others because some fringe science came up I quess. I personally though it was uncalled for. If you are interested in experimenting safely and learning, you are in the right place and no one should discourage your curiosity in such a manner, because I thought your questions were at least thought out.

On the other hand, I also think it was uncalled for to call us all terrorists and drug cooks. If you stick around a while you will see we are not that at all, in fact quite the opposite. I know your were just upset over a bad reception though.;)

Welcome to Science Madness oldword, and good luck in your endeavor. :cool:

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 07:41

These days it is common to prepare ceramics by precipitation or gel formation, followed by conventional oven firing or by choosing materials for making the gel that include oxidisers and fuel (nitrates and urea are one example) that will react on mild heating and fire the ceramic particles. The exact starting materials and conditions depend on the target, without that information we would just be guessing. So at least a link to the original article, please.

Also there is not just one "zirconium ferrite", so more detail is needed.

IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 07:48

He should link the site. Does not matter if it's Beardon or not. You have many trying experiments in alternative science. You have many so called 'real scientists' making fun of them. If we stay on oil with no escape for energy production we are doomed. One group spends their time looking for a way out. The so called 'conventional' 'correct' group spend their time entertaining themselves. They do not look for new ideas because they are convinced they already know it all.

So which group has the best chance of finding a solution? The simple answer is the group that is at least looking has the best chance of finding.

not_important posted while I was typing, he is right. I forgot to mention Sol Gel in a previous post, good idea.

[Edited on 8-5-2011 by IrC]

watson.fawkes
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 08:00

Quote: Originally posted by oldswordfighter  
I tried post this question elsewhere but got flamed off the thread for expressing an interest in photoelectric/peizeolctric crystal compounds. So I wont describe my experiment but I figured This section might have some one willing to assist me with this simple question. This is the section for asking questions about making simple chemicals after all.

PS. The reference to pillaging the qliphoth as location is a JOKE folks... Though it seemed to offend some people on the other forum.
You couldn't leave well enough alone and just ask a scientific question without all the baggage, could you?

No, you didn't get called out for "expressing an interest in photoelectric/peizeolctric crystal compounds". This is a rather sever misrepresentation of your original question. You got called out for the following:
  1. Asking for help with a zero-point energy device.
  2. Proposing a fantastical theory of operation.
  3. Failing to clearly describe why your source materials and why you were interested in this.
  4. Asserting that your own interests were identical to that in this forum.
Furthermore, in the interim, you have deleted your original post in that thread to which I originally replied, to make any rebuttal unverifiable. This is an offense against fair debate and is a standard tool of both charlatans and demagogues. If you don't wish to be associated with such classes of people, don't act that way. My mistake for not quoting you the first time. Fool me once, shame on you.

So I'll quote you from that previous thread, since you've dragged the issues there into the present. I'll confine my quotation to what you've said relevant to me. Others can go look at the post to see what his opinion is of this forum. (Hint: "Just Drug manufacturers and terrorists.")
Quote: Originally posted by oldswordfighter  
Oh and by the way A GALVANIC PILE IS A MOTIONLESS ELECTROMAGNETIC GENERATOR... Or was Galvan a fraud too???

Oh and Watson... The qliphoth thing is a JOKE... Like white yeti is actually in a bunker in Asia.
Whatever your anti semitic views, Sorry. I'm not a jew...
The reference to the motionless electromagnetic generator is the name of a specific device by Tom Bearden that claims over-unity operation. You cited it in your original-now-deleted post as one of the inspirations for your present work. The phrase "motionless electromagnetic generator" is a particular device, not a class of devices, and it does not include galvanic piles.

You may intend your reference to the qliphoth as a joke; I don't particular care how you intend it. The fact that you reference it at all, that you reference it conjunction with Walter Russell, is indicative that you are coming at this topic from the tradition of western ritual magick. For those that have no familiarity with this milieu, here's an example of how he's mentioned: http://www.hermeticresearch.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=31. Google will bring up plenty of similar such things; I haven't cherry-picked this one in any way. You had been vague about many things in that original post. I brought up this point in order to provide exegesis for other people here who aren't familiar with this milieu and wouldn't recognize it.

As to the charge of anti-semitism, you are simple confusing my dismissal of you with dismissal of your source material. Nevertheless, with this comment you've made this a personal problem for me.

To everyone else:

If you want to spend your time helping out with an over-unity research project, feel free. I don't particularly care if you want to spend your time this way. My principal concern, both now and with the previous time this came up, is that folks here have enough information to make an informed decision.

Go To Top